New Month, New Challenges in May?

Hi there


So we have entered a  new month which is May and yesterday was a public holiday in Singapore. It was Labour Day but it just felt like any other day, lol..coz I have been working from home since the week before. The only difference is that I don't have to open my work laptop and be logged on. And I also can go out even before 6 pm to buy food that is not the usual norms aka from the nearby mall, lol. 

The Circuit Breaker (CB) which was supposed to end on the 04 May but extended to 01 June. So far, the situation has been improving though there are some breakers here and there, and for this week, the digit for local cases has been in a single number for almost every day, although the active testing of the foreign workers in dormitories were still in the hundreds range.

On a personal level, I am slowly losing touch with my inner well being. I am feeling lost. This WFH routine, being cooped up at home all day and only going out to buy food and groceries. In other words, slowly losing my mind.

But I try my best to stay afloat for the sake of sanity. Being cooped up all day made me unproductive and just not want to do anything but just stay in bed and surf IG and then getting up to watch Netflix. After watching a video on youtube earlier, I picked up some points and take this whole CB period as a way of re-learning inwardly. Probably things like learning new skills to card making because I have stopped making cards for a long time though I have been entertaining thoughts to re-start. I did make explosion box cards for quite a number of years and though it brings in income, not much but sustainable, it's rather tedious to make each one. The CB period means that I can't meet my buyers. It's fine. I've always wanted to rest for some time and even though I had some 'rest periods', it's not technically one coz I still take orders to a point I overwhelm myself at times. That will only stop me from taking new orders.

I also try to find things to do like decluttering. I've always been too busy or tired to do this previously but this is the chance for me to clear things I no longer need. I try to re-organise my craft materials and am still bewildered at how much I buy last time just coz they're pretty and may cost quite a bit at that point of time where I am even struggling to buy food for the fam. Where my priorities at, lol.

This is also Ramadan, a holy month for the Muslim community, where we fast. But it's also the month to reflect and ponder and do charity work, in God's name for a chance to be in Paradise for hereafter. I've been watching and listening to online videos in a bid to restore my faith coz, honestly, it's rusty. I'm heartened to know that learning faith has been prevalent among many Muslim youths especially through social media. It's so unlike my time where it was mostly a quiet affair like you're on your own. Though I'm older, doesn't mean I can't gain from learning the stories of our Prophets, prayers that we can benefit from etc through their videos, podcasts...and I applaud their work to spread the love for this religion.

I am also feeling that I forget to have gratitude in my life. The Covid-19 situation has made many people to face financial difficulties through loss of income and pay cuts. Many are barely surviving, depend on the goodwill of people, of whom during this Ramadan, we are encouraged to help the needy. This pandemic doesn't discriminate. Even those who are doing well can find themselves in difficult situations so honestly, when I watched a programme recently and I see them delivering food to housing estates which are typically not the one or two room rental flats, I was thinking eh, you mean these people can't afford? But I forgot that now irregardless of wealth or status, one's livelihood can be robbed overnight as many businesses and companies are affected and therefore, the workers too. It's really an eye opener.

Things like this can take a toll on one's mental health and here I am complaining about boredom when I can actually find things to do and yet am too lazy to even start. 

Let's take it one day at a time. Don't rush, don't compare to others because everyone has different coping mechanism. Hope and pray for better days ahead.






Comments

Popular Posts