Eid Mubarak 2020 is a Different Feels This Year

Eid Mubarak! Selamat Hari Raya to fellow Muslims all over the world!



In Singapore, we are still in the midst of the circuit breaker so we are not allowed to go visiting in order to prevent the spread of virus and formation of new clusters. Of course this is expected and many muslim families have turned to technology to celebrate in a different but meaningful way. With zoom, they get to 'visit' extended family members virtually and ask for forgiveness too as it has always been our tradition. Far away in proximity but still close at heart.

For my family, we don't get to experience this but just within our family, we just chill with watching tv specials and enjoying home cooked food. I also sent out special greeting to people while also receiving from both Muslim and non Muslim friends, ex colleagues and current colleagues. In the morning, I had some quiet moments listening to the Raya sermon and then practising some watercoloring. I just bought a new watercolour palette and wanted to use it. I've always been watching many card making videos and tutorials on how to do watercolour flower blooms. It's always a disaster, lol..but I think I am just getting slightly better and will do even more in future. It's not about perfection. Though it can't be helped at time because you just want it to look better but with patience and plenty of practice, I am sure that I can churn out  decent piece, at least. 

By the way, you can see my practise piece as the background for the picture above.

So since we're still stuck at home mostly, why not we use the time wisely to learn things that we have always put on hold because we are so busy with life's going ons. We don't have to be super productive but just focus on the little things that we are able to do, the steps to take to achieve the bigger goals in life for as long as we are able to when still in good health.

Earlier on, I was sharing about listening to the sermon and while there were many of the opinion that we should fear God, and not the virus, to have such thinking is dangerous. I believe in any religion, we are encouraged to protect our family from potential harm and that includes the virus because that is our responsibility which is a given and should be taken seriously.

Actually, I wished my mum would cook more dishes like in the past but somehow it got drastically in recent times, lol. I loved her sambal goreng which is a dish with cut pieces of fermented soya bean (tempe), beancurd, long beans and prawns and cooked in a chilli broth. That's the best I can describe in, haha. I know that it's wishful thinking and that I know she has gone all out to sacrifice her taste buds to accommodate mine, coz I don't consume coconut milk, a staple in most Malay traditional raya dishes. And it's not easy to cook each one because of the many ingredients involved so it's really backbreaking to spend so much time in the kitchen. 

So in short, I should  be grateful since I am of no help at all, except to buy the ingredients.

I'm currently on a mini long break and I haven't really watched any Japanese dramas except watching snippets of those I had watched recently. However, I watched a bit of talkshow or reality shows of the actors from a particular series. The one I wrote extensively here and I know these were only made believe characters brought to life by the actors and most of the times, they are different in real life. But sometimes it's so drastically different that you are in a disbelief for a moment of revelation like that.

I wrote about the character Misu who was aloof and serious, a bit of a control freak over his love interest like he can be jealous one moment and then couldn't care less the next. But deep deep DEEP down inside, he actually does care especially over his roommate who was vulnerable with a phobia of being in contact with people and often the subject of bullies in their school. At first, he didn't really care too like not his problem but when he realised how his roomie's face lit up when he was all smiley and happy, he had a change of heart. So he couldn't take it when his roomie was feeling depressed from personal problems.

He was also pretty serious in another show where he was a Blue Ranger, you know like the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers but Japanese version, and yah, can't help but think he is still fine af, lol.

Now when I watched him in this Japanese hosting show where he is a host with another actor, who was his rival in the same drama previously, my gosh, he is such a different person! It's like you imagine in almost every group of friends there will be this one super hyper and funny person, and sometimes annoying coz he or she can be a little loud..haha, yah, that's the one. When  he came in later for one of the shows, they were like relieved, coz 'the annoying' one not here. But shortly after he was like 'Im here! I'm here!' and did a close up with the camera to make his point. What a funny guy. 

All these guys formerly from the show years back, still looked so good up to the last show they hosted in late 2019.

Good looking, funny, talented...can I go Japan now already? haha..

I'm digressing, am I? 

So I was saying, my mum made some Raya dishes and I took a picture of it. Just one coz there were only two dishes.



This picture was taken last year before we went out visiting my aunt's house.


The Happy Birthday was coz it was my brother's birthday the day after Hari Raya. And also coz I accidentally deleted the one without the wordings, haha.

Whether or not you celebrate this occasion, continue to stay home and stay safe and in good time, things will be back to normal, slowly but surely if we cooperate well. Meanwhile, continue to lead a more meaningful life each day, and use this time to strengthen your physical, spiritual and mental state. Oh, and stay healthy :))





Comments

Popular Posts