Being Upset Over Being Taken Advantage Of

Yesterday, I was ranting away to my brother, no less..haha, because I just don't understand how some people have the ability to use other people to be at their beck and call. I've had two such encounters and even though I tried to be flexible but people took it as an advantage. Sometimes I would think don't they try to put themselves in that person's shoes and see how much trouble they have caused. It doesn't mean I'm all nice about it you just keep taking one step further and further.

I run this online shop and while I try to be civil and also nice, I do have limitations. I think this is pretty normal if you're a human being. In the social media recently, there were encounters where restaurants were given really poor reviews based on how the customers were treated. But usually, it was one sided and the restaurant management would try to explain away and then things would get to a nasty start if the management claimed that they had been put in a different light. As though the matter was blown out of proportions.

To be honest, they are nasty and demanding customers and customers who expect you to figuratively clean the dirt on their shoes. Why? Because after all, they are paying customers and felt entitled they were given so and so treatment. But to be fair as well, sometimes the management or the online sellers makes the matter worse by being all nasty by shaming such customers in a bid to protect their business.

Anyway back to what I was ranting about. I was upset because I was supposed to meet up a buyer yesterday and then I didn't hear from her from the day before to confirm the timing. As yesterday was the Chinese New Year's eve, all staff could go back earlier. The place that we were supposed to meet was at Buona Vista MRT which was near to where I worked and I was not going to hang out there just to wait for her to message which she did not already for one whole day.

Then when I reached Serangoon where I would always get down to head home, then she messaged apologising that she didn't see the message. The thing was she did not want to go to other train stations except Buona Vista, which sigh....means, I had to make my way back there, again. Now, like I said, I can be flexible so fine..I would my way there in the evening at the timing given to her. 

Now the deal breaker was when in the evening as I headed there, I texted her in the train saying I would reach what time and she said she was having her reunion dinner. I'm like..you could have told me earlier to cancel or something if you had something on. I mean she was supposed to meet me and couldn't even bother to make an effort to text. If I had not texted before reaching, I would end up waiting like some dodo slash idiot. I wasn't even going to wait around until she finished her reunion dinner because God knows what time she would finish. 

I had already made an effort to go back to taking the train to Buona Vista and she played me. I was like you know what, no need to meet and enjoy your CNY. Honestly I was being partly sarcastic and then she texted she was sorry and if I could meet her again the next day. I am NOT going to travel all the way again there to be played again especially on a public holiday where I could just chill at home.

So I didn't reply. Occasionally I don't reply if I don't wish to bother with such buyers, whether potential or confirmed buyers, if they lack sincerity or when they have become too demanding. I don't want to take their money even if I stand to lose money, such as with the case above, from the way they responded or expect me to do. To be honest as well, the money I earned from these people is not even worth it, from how much I spent on the materials, the time spent making it and travelling to meet them. It's not worth it.

To me, a business, whether big or small, home or office, it's not just about making money. You win some, you lose some. Pretty much like life in general. Not all of them are bad. Most of them appreciate the work I had done for them. 

There are very few bad ones like this one and another one that I encountered last week that made me go all the way to their flat after 10.30pm at night and even requested to go up to the house on the 13th floor. I had to draw a line to that. I was already making an exception and seriously, she herself didn't keep her promise to say she would pay more if I go all the way to her area. But I know she wouldn't anyway because most of them would use that tactic. They would pay the same amount and in this case, lesser even.

You know what, whatever with these people. I'm like done ranting about them here as well. They can continue to be selfish, self entitled, egoistic..whatever. I just move on and learn from such episodes. Basically there will be these type of people around so I shouldn't be too hung up being upset over their attitude towards others. 

Today I am at home because it's Chinese New Year and therefore we have a longer weekend. I shall not let these incidents spoil my mood :D 

Comments

Popular Posts