Skip to main content

Leading an Honest Living..Even When Things Get Difficult Financially

My brother lectured me recently about how I'm so calculative and why after so many years, we are still poor. I can't answer him because I can't argue with him that we're still so poor with little savings to get by. Basically I don't like to lead a pay to pay type of lifestyle and I prefer getting a second income. I want to be able to spend without too much worries about how little I will have after I spend on this or that. He's right about the calculative part. I tend to use my phone calculator and do a check on how much balance I have left if it's able to last me until the next week or so. 

Honestly  I don't like this. What I like is earning money, even in small amounts each..to me, a little goes a along way. Of course I don't mind having more but this is as much as I can do with what little capital I have which mostly come from my pay. 

Now I am not going to discuss about my financial situation as it can be a tad boring to talk about as it's more or less the same sad story. To me, what matters is I continue to stay strong and do as much as I can to keep the finances afloat until the next month's pay without depriving my family too much. Besides being careful in my expenses, it also means working hard to bring some money as and when I could.

I admire how other people, who are also in financial difficulties, still manage to put up a brave front that you do not know that they're facing problems back home. The life they paint on the social media or in front of their friends and family is a stark difference to what they are actually going through in life. Yet they still continue to do the best that they can. 

Sadly, some resort to things like stealing money at work which is a breach of trust. I know where they come from. It can be a struggle supporting the family especially when the expenses can be overbearing no matter how much we try to scrimp and save. However, it is still not right because no matter what, we must make an honest living. It's better to get a part-time job as a supplement to the main job, than resort to stealing. Because the consequence can be hard to face especially when we can lose the job which means zero income. We also don't want our family to suffer if we are charged for it..aka facing jail time.

We all want to have a better life for the family. But at the same time, we cannot be too sucked in by the joy in people's faces when we see families dining in places where we will never step in unless we have some extra money or something. We shouldn't compare ourselves and feel bad about it later because each family has their own strengths. As long as we're honest in our living, being positive and continue to be determined to provide a better life for ourselves and our family, good things will come our way.

Now many of us may have just a few hundred dollars in the bank to last until the next pay. I'm one of them too. The tight financial situation we are facing can be a source of problem where families can break into arguments with each other. But during difficult times like this, we must be able to stay strong. Don't let it take away our happiness. Seek help if needed. Our happiness goes beyond the dollars and cents. But never give up and continue to achieve for a better life. Even it means not going on holidays or stay in hotels, the point is to keep the family together and going strong in good times and in bad times. We can overcome this challenging period, pick ourselves up and brace for a better life one day.




follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...