Skip to main content

Living on Credit

I have to confess that I've been living on credit for the last one week and I'm not happy about it as it means that I have more things to pay later. But I don't have a choice apparently as I don't have cash at all. Whatever little I had, I had used them to pay for groceries.

Without my brother's maintenance allowance that came in end of last month, I really dunno how to survive. I managed to pay some of the amount I owed on credit and have a little bit more to survive until payday though honestly, I really don't know for how long. Everything is so pricey now I seriously don't know whether I can cope in the coming future. Many people would want to live until a ripe old age but for me, I don't want to live until I'm 100..haha.

That is why when I get my bonus next month, I will continue to pay off my credit card bills and then just simply save up the rest. Shopping is not in my agenda though honestly I just want to get a pair of good sandals for work coz both my pairs are too worn out. Still contemplating on whether I should get the maybelline mineral compact powder but I got a feeling I would. Maybe I should make use of the CLEO promotion that when I flashn the page that is, I can get the casing for free. Sweet.

I do not want to get another make up palette and I will still try my best to take part in contests to win for them. I did get new make up though. I got some make up items from bobbi brown such as midnight blue eyeshadow and I especially love the blush in spice. Now I know why these mid ranged make up products can never compete with the drugstore brands. They are like way better. But still, drugstore ones are value for money especially for people who don't use make up often like me.

K I confessed. I did buy make up though but have yet to make payment of 12 bucks. I got the bobbi brown cheek highlighter pen. My colleague showed me and another person the catalog online and their products were so heavily discounted! Can't resist coz they were buying and I'm like come on, they were dirt cheap.

Anyway I just want to conclude in this post that when I get my pay next month, I want to get to the point where I feel comfortable with the stash that I have. I would rather be cash rich than cash strapped even if it means not actively shopping to reward myself. Although technically I can only plan and things may not go as planned accordingly, I want it to come to a point where at least I have tried and that I did not make any financial screw ups. All the best to me though for resisting temptations.

I just want to live a simpler life without wanting to be too much like others in which their lives revolve mostly around fashion and beauty. I believe when you are beautiful on the inside, it will show on the outside too. Now my area of concentration is skincare and I am slowly trying to adapt a better skincare routine and honestly so far, it is showing. I felt prettier though probably it is just a superficial feeling..haha. When your skin looks good, it will boost ur confidence level a bit. Even when you are wearing jz a little make up, with good skin and an inner beauty that shows on the outside, you will definitely glow. Oh yes, followed by a good proper diet too.

So a brand new month always mean that you can strive to do better than the previous month. Jot down your thoughts on how u want to improve yourself, how are you going to achieve them so that you will get a clearer vision as you concentrate on them. I definitely will start writing them down in my notebook. It will be a good start.
I'm learning from my mistakes and trying to make things better for me and the family. Meanwhile, Life goes on....
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld
Powered by Gee! from StarHub

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...