Countdown to next Saturday

I am happy that I get to spend my time fruitfully today. I even attended a wedding of an ex colleague. She knew the guy for like about a year and after a series of bad relationships, I am happy for her that she found happiness. But she didn't really seem happy just now..even snapping a bit at me..for passing the envelope of token money to her instead of her mother. I mean, that has always been my practice coz I don't know her mum compared to her and it's often the case I know the bride better and they had never told me off like that in the past. Anyway, whatever. Maybe something had pissed her off..and knowing how she gets pissed off quite easily, it's not really a big surprise if something..or someone...did indeed piss her off. Im not here to speculate although I do suspect maybe she's not happy that there were some people who didn't turn up..I dunno. Plus I didn't stay very long coz my other ex colleagues had to make a move and Im actually glad for that before I make any more wrong moves.

So it's like five more days before the big payday next Saturday and that also mean I have to go through an entire five days of work! Gosh. Everyone is busy at work now because they are trying to clear work before they go on holidays...especially my boss...and every now and then, they are throwing big words around and I have no idea what the heck they are talking abt half the time. It's like a stock market and I am one of the greenhorns. My boss had given me some work to do and I had almost completed them and I just had to wait for the copies from the parents. In other words, I am pretty free but I don't anticipate this to be long because once my boss is out of office, my other colleague is planning to dump some of her work on me because she is very sure next year she won't be around anymore and I may have to do some of her work in future.

I actually feel bad about surfing internet at work although I don't mind doing so if I have a lot of work and it gets monotonous in between. I mean seriously monotonous. Of course I don't do a full blown one except to check my email and also to read what other pple have been up to on facebook. That's all. I don't play online games like I do back home as that will only make me a ready victim to be slaughtered.

So yah, I hope to be able to spend my time fruitfully at work for the next five days not because I want be some model worker or something but I just want to pass the time quickly, heh.

Anyway, I can't wait for next Saturday because I want to eat at Breeks! I know I mentioned this before but I still want to mention it again :D Speaking of money, I am still thinking whether I want to open another account to keep savings in them that I will slowly accumulate. Plus, it may be easier for me to keep track of my savings. I don't get why people open so many bank accounts. It's just a bit ridiculous unless they are running a business and they need to have more than one account so that it won't get mixed up with their personal bank account. And also, how many credit cards do you actually need to sign up for? I guess the more cards you have, people have the misconception that they have more spending power. But it's a matter of time that debts are going to accumulate especially if you are not able to pay your credit card bills in full.

For me, I don't think I want to be stuck in such predicament. It's difficult enough already to juggle with my family's expenses. The other day while happily collecting the medicine for my brother, a six months' supply no less, because we thought that we could use my mother's medisave. But I sensed something was not right when I looked at an earlier bill and it said that my brother's asthma package which was paid using the medisave, had already been fully utilised. So I reckoned I had to pay for the next bill for his latest visit and when I called them, they said that yes I had to pay the bill. Im like..why didnt u tell me earlier that the package had been fully utilised, and I didn't get any apologies but it felt like she kept harping on the fact that her staff was not at fault.

So now I am going to be stuck with a 23o dollar bill once I receive the invoice later. Luckily, more than a month ago, I emailed to an officer for my brother's maintenance fees and she said that if I can show proof of receipt for my brother's medical bills, she can reimburse back the amount. I don't know if she is true to her words but let's just hope so. Once my brother gets his money, I'll use a portion of it to pay for the bills first and wait for the reimbursement later.

You know, weddings are really beautiful. I don't deny it. Sometimes, it does bring up feelings in you like how it is going to be come your own big day. Alas, when I think of the possible problems that may cope up later, marital or family problems, I just cant get my head out of it like I don't think I may be able to cope with such problems later. I can't just run away or hope that the problems will disappear. Im not trying to underestimate myself but I know myself well enough that there is only so much that I can do.

I think one of the major problems will be finance where couples can easily have a fallout over. Even if I do get to..well...'win' the heart of some guy who is financially stable (being a good looker with a nice body will be such good bonus) and know that I am more or less in safe hands, the economy is so unpredictable. One minute, people have high flying jobs and the next minute, they are struggling to find a job just to keep the family going by paying the utilities bills, put food on the table and have a roof over the head.

Life still goes on, no matter what. How you make of the situation by learning from your mistakes and rallying support among one another in times of need, make the situation more bearable.


post signature

Comments

Popular Posts