Skip to main content

Sebastian Stan as Prince Jack

It's just so beautiful when someone you like holds your hand in public. To me, it's the simplest yet so heartfelt gesture. I have been watching video clips of the US drama called Kings for the last few days and was like wondering aloud (meaning: my brother in the same room can hear) about how I wish they would show this drama on Singapore tv and they are!! THEY ARE!!! Even though it is not the mainstream tv but on cable instead, it's still okay for me. I am so excited! But at the same time, Im just a bit scared of watching coz even though Sebastian Stan as the emotionally tortured Prince Jack is so gripping and so exciting to watch (he is really into the character), I guess I will be overwhelmed by it. And another concern is that, the writing isn't exactly top notch. Plus the lead character is totally bland. It's like someone put him there only because he is blond and not because he can act.

It's a drama about power struggle and the King chose a soldier who saved his son Prince Jack during war as a possible successor to him because it was a sign from God. Plus his son's womanizing and late night partying get him on his nerves. But over the time, it wasn't exactly his son's choice of lifestyle but he was pressurized into embracing it because he was emotionally repressed. And the fact that his father would be choosing a stranger as the future King make him even more jealous and angry.

When Prince Jack said that if his father could not accept him and not even God, the only way for him to go is to die. For most of the episodes, Prince Jack appeared to be a scheming bad boy who was out to ruin David but later on, he side with David when King Silas abused his power by throwing David into jail because David was a threat to his power.

Now because I read the review of this drama months ago and watched mere snippets of the episodes, I only got the gist of the story. So I may not be giving the correct summary. I only know Prince Jack is...to die for.

Well, if you are into Gossip Girl, which for the life of me I dont know why you would be since it is about socialite brats, Sebastian Stan is in it as well as the boyfriend of one of the girls. But it's a waste of time for him to be in that show because he has so much acting potential.

Even though the drama has been cancelled because American people dont like to watch the drama, loosely based on the bible story of David and Goliath, as I think it's just too serious and uptight. Like come on, we're taking about a modernized aristocratic story here. That spells boring from start to finish. But then again, American people would rather watch filth like Gossip Girl. Go figure.

And yes, with the exception of Sebastian Stan and well...the guy who acted as the King, the rest of the actors were simply too bleh.

No matter what, I see Sebastian Stan having a great future in acting.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...