Sebastian Stan as Prince Jack

It's just so beautiful when someone you like holds your hand in public. To me, it's the simplest yet so heartfelt gesture. I have been watching video clips of the US drama called Kings for the last few days and was like wondering aloud (meaning: my brother in the same room can hear) about how I wish they would show this drama on Singapore tv and they are!! THEY ARE!!! Even though it is not the mainstream tv but on cable instead, it's still okay for me. I am so excited! But at the same time, Im just a bit scared of watching coz even though Sebastian Stan as the emotionally tortured Prince Jack is so gripping and so exciting to watch (he is really into the character), I guess I will be overwhelmed by it. And another concern is that, the writing isn't exactly top notch. Plus the lead character is totally bland. It's like someone put him there only because he is blond and not because he can act.

It's a drama about power struggle and the King chose a soldier who saved his son Prince Jack during war as a possible successor to him because it was a sign from God. Plus his son's womanizing and late night partying get him on his nerves. But over the time, it wasn't exactly his son's choice of lifestyle but he was pressurized into embracing it because he was emotionally repressed. And the fact that his father would be choosing a stranger as the future King make him even more jealous and angry.

When Prince Jack said that if his father could not accept him and not even God, the only way for him to go is to die. For most of the episodes, Prince Jack appeared to be a scheming bad boy who was out to ruin David but later on, he side with David when King Silas abused his power by throwing David into jail because David was a threat to his power.

Now because I read the review of this drama months ago and watched mere snippets of the episodes, I only got the gist of the story. So I may not be giving the correct summary. I only know Prince Jack is...to die for.

Well, if you are into Gossip Girl, which for the life of me I dont know why you would be since it is about socialite brats, Sebastian Stan is in it as well as the boyfriend of one of the girls. But it's a waste of time for him to be in that show because he has so much acting potential.

Even though the drama has been cancelled because American people dont like to watch the drama, loosely based on the bible story of David and Goliath, as I think it's just too serious and uptight. Like come on, we're taking about a modernized aristocratic story here. That spells boring from start to finish. But then again, American people would rather watch filth like Gossip Girl. Go figure.

And yes, with the exception of Sebastian Stan and well...the guy who acted as the King, the rest of the actors were simply too bleh.

No matter what, I see Sebastian Stan having a great future in acting.















Comments

Popular Posts