Skip to main content

My trip to KL in Malaysia!

I had a great time last weekend exploring a country that I had not visited in ages despite being our neighbouring country. Together with two other friends, I visited Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for a shopping and holiday trip. To others who travel often, KL is like a quick getaway for them if they are not venturing that far off. But to me, it was an eye opening experience and what better to spend the time with but with the people who have been supportive and caring for you. Of course, that is not only the agenda. They want to get good bargains, something that is not that always possible in sunny Singapore.

I admit I did not do any planning or exploration via the internet on the places I would be visiting when I went to KL. So I was thrown completely off when I arrived there and was initially scared of the experience especially seeing cars wheezing by and passengers crossing carelessly every now and then. Despite being a city, the bustling crowds were filled with people of different personalities and many, I might add, looked like they came right smack in the middle of the city from their kampung (village) houses judging by their looks and behaviour. But who am I to judge...Malaysia is culturally rich in tradition and vast plantations and is also made of many different states so no surprise to see different kinds of people. Of course they were some who were pretty scary especially when they had their eyes set on tourists who are potential buyers. The way they hawked their goods almost came close to being violent when they tried to sell their sob stories of how difficult it was for them to make money especially on rainy days.

When we were in the back alleys of Chinatown, where most of the bargains were including knock offs of popular labels, if you looked carefully, you can really get good buys if you dont mind carrying the knock offs. For myself, I am not really into labels, fake or otherwise, but I wouldn't mind those with subtle hints of luxury like a small Gucci label..hehe. Of course it has to be wearable and more importantly, looks good on me.

Anyway, what I love most about the trip was actually the hotel stay coz it was the first time for me. Even though it was pretty small but it was definitely comfortable. My friend wanted to keep the mini bottles of lotion, soap and shampoo as souvenirs and I actually wanted at least one for keepsake as well but you know, finders keepers. Surprisingly, when they provided the foldable bed for me, they gave those mini bottles as well so I had something for myself too. Yay! Of course another reason why I liked the hotel stay was coz of the breakfast buffet the next morning. Oh the arrays of food! Loved it!

While my other friends were more interested in finding good bargains, I was there more for the travel experience and food. Many of the food here could not be eaten as it was not halal for Muslim people like me but over there, I could totally dig on Subway, Kenny Rogers and Krispy Kreme donuts..yummy!!

I actually had leftover money from the trip in Malaysia ringgit because I dunno, I am simply not big on shopping and after a while of buying stuffs, I felt like I was done with it already. I didn't want to end up with a bunch of things which I would not use often and it would be a waste. Still, I did buy things and Im happy with my purchase :D

Oh by the way, I just had to say i survived the 6 hr trip there and back again. I was actually nervous about this because I was paranoid over having to suddenly have the urge to pee...in the middle of the highway! I had very little fluid on both days and worse, right before the coach bus came, I was suffering from stomach discomfort coz I guess my digestive system was having a hard time digesting the food I ate with the little drink I had. Or maybe coz of the black pepper chicken I ate prior to that. But I dont want to blame the kenny rogers chicken! heh..

Anyway, yesterday was a public holiday and besides cleaning the long overdue junk in my room, I made scrapblogs of my trip there! Here..check it out!







post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...