My trip to KL in Malaysia!

I had a great time last weekend exploring a country that I had not visited in ages despite being our neighbouring country. Together with two other friends, I visited Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for a shopping and holiday trip. To others who travel often, KL is like a quick getaway for them if they are not venturing that far off. But to me, it was an eye opening experience and what better to spend the time with but with the people who have been supportive and caring for you. Of course, that is not only the agenda. They want to get good bargains, something that is not that always possible in sunny Singapore.

I admit I did not do any planning or exploration via the internet on the places I would be visiting when I went to KL. So I was thrown completely off when I arrived there and was initially scared of the experience especially seeing cars wheezing by and passengers crossing carelessly every now and then. Despite being a city, the bustling crowds were filled with people of different personalities and many, I might add, looked like they came right smack in the middle of the city from their kampung (village) houses judging by their looks and behaviour. But who am I to judge...Malaysia is culturally rich in tradition and vast plantations and is also made of many different states so no surprise to see different kinds of people. Of course they were some who were pretty scary especially when they had their eyes set on tourists who are potential buyers. The way they hawked their goods almost came close to being violent when they tried to sell their sob stories of how difficult it was for them to make money especially on rainy days.

When we were in the back alleys of Chinatown, where most of the bargains were including knock offs of popular labels, if you looked carefully, you can really get good buys if you dont mind carrying the knock offs. For myself, I am not really into labels, fake or otherwise, but I wouldn't mind those with subtle hints of luxury like a small Gucci label..hehe. Of course it has to be wearable and more importantly, looks good on me.

Anyway, what I love most about the trip was actually the hotel stay coz it was the first time for me. Even though it was pretty small but it was definitely comfortable. My friend wanted to keep the mini bottles of lotion, soap and shampoo as souvenirs and I actually wanted at least one for keepsake as well but you know, finders keepers. Surprisingly, when they provided the foldable bed for me, they gave those mini bottles as well so I had something for myself too. Yay! Of course another reason why I liked the hotel stay was coz of the breakfast buffet the next morning. Oh the arrays of food! Loved it!

While my other friends were more interested in finding good bargains, I was there more for the travel experience and food. Many of the food here could not be eaten as it was not halal for Muslim people like me but over there, I could totally dig on Subway, Kenny Rogers and Krispy Kreme donuts..yummy!!

I actually had leftover money from the trip in Malaysia ringgit because I dunno, I am simply not big on shopping and after a while of buying stuffs, I felt like I was done with it already. I didn't want to end up with a bunch of things which I would not use often and it would be a waste. Still, I did buy things and Im happy with my purchase :D

Oh by the way, I just had to say i survived the 6 hr trip there and back again. I was actually nervous about this because I was paranoid over having to suddenly have the urge to pee...in the middle of the highway! I had very little fluid on both days and worse, right before the coach bus came, I was suffering from stomach discomfort coz I guess my digestive system was having a hard time digesting the food I ate with the little drink I had. Or maybe coz of the black pepper chicken I ate prior to that. But I dont want to blame the kenny rogers chicken! heh..

Anyway, yesterday was a public holiday and besides cleaning the long overdue junk in my room, I made scrapblogs of my trip there! Here..check it out!







post signature

Comments

Popular Posts