Skip to main content

"Typical Drama Storylines"

hi there..

you know sometimes it's reallie frustrating watching some drama series where the suspense...the terrible deeds like revenge...blackmail..uhm black magic sometimes...then being set up....all the bullying...i can tell you..it can make any sane person angry over the fictionalised characters on tv. However, in order to survive right through the show (which can reallie reallie stretch..i tell ya), you have to have a strong heart too and a strong desire not to throw the remote control at the tv whenever ur frustrations run sky high with a certain character. And if you watch indonesian teledramas..they are so..er..dramatic! Man..i dunno if the show writers are born with an evil mind alreadi to think of one revenge or blackmail strategy after another..and it can jz kill someone with a weak heart..onlie to watch one hour of the drama alreadi jam-packed with so many evil strategies just to get rid of the so-called innocent characters. Yes, that's Indonesian tv-drama for you..! The evil characters are hardcore evil while the innocent ones (which are ALWAYS the target of the evil ones) always seem to fall victim to the evil schemes all the time!! And they always looked pathetic..like crying all the time for every slight accusation and when asked about their 'action'..they will always be like 'but i..i....'. Isn't it horRible? And here you are saying..'damn it! just tell off the god damn person!' and then when the innocent one is at the beck and call of the evil one..he or she will always seem to do as told and oh yeah..they are also caught at the wrong timing! Like jz when they were caught hugging a certain someone who happened to be just friends with them..and then their lover or lover-to-be will ALWAYS suddenly appear out of nowhere and so misunderstandings kick in. So the innocent one will try to explain his or her way out. So when the matter has been clarified..yet again!...they are caught talking to each other, crying in one's arms....etc etc..and the other party get jealous out of nothings. Then tears are shed..yadda yadda....and they start praying to GOd to show them the way.

And you know what is damn illogical sometimes about over-dramatic tv shows like that? There are just way too many evil schemes metted out by quite a number of evil-doers who will do anything to get what they want. THen, the female evil characters can shed crocodile tears on cue to get the other person to believe or do what they said. Sort of like a 'charm' things if they are pretty..but if they're mother-like, then these tears are shed so that people will take pity on them and so the innocent ones always seem to get one problem after another. And then, they are also sometimes 'bowled over' by a sudden kind gestures by the evil ones because suddenly, all the time they are mean to them, then they do something that may hint they have changed their attitude towards them. So whenever someone or some people try to prove them wrong that it's all just a pretense, they try to cover up the evil ones because they believe they do it out sincerity or they have indeed changed.

What the hell?!! Yes...as u know....I'd probably wont last watching such over dramatic shows. But the thing about this kind of shows too is that, you tend to think how the heck are they going to get out of the sticky situation one after another..and that may keep you stay glued. But it's some sort like a make-or-break thing. Like my mum...who just cannot stand the second season of the Indonesian tv drama because there always things that are a hindrance or causing the innocent ones to be rendered totally helpless. Hrm...true also...because okay maybe they wanna prolong the duration of the drama..I dunno...so there are dozens of sticky situations that can end up in a break up...someone getting hospitalised...cause death...and so on. FOr my mum, she just doesn't understand why won't the innocent ones who fell prey to the evil deeds never tried to fight back their right. Instead they are willing for themselves to get bullied over and over again. And my mum would be like..WHY CAN'T THEY JUST TELL?! After that, she'll stop watching or if she watch, she'll watch the parts..the so-called 'safe' ones without the anti-climax, the revenge....because she just couldn't stand those too good to be true innocent victims to just keep quiet and onlie can shed tears..haha..it's like man, they're so stupid! If they just tell..then they will probably not get themselves get bullied so easily. But that's tv man....the producers not just wanna convey their creative ideas upon us, but they also want to garner ratings so that they can continue to make even more tv dramas that will just one day make us realie throw the control at the tv.

So my fellow tv buffs...whom I salute if can reallie go through the ordeal of watching overly dramativ tv dramas....perhaps you all can one day gather together and start to make dramas that will not, for once, kill us to watch for one more minute...haha. Far fetched thought, huh?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...