Lifestyle Overhaul & Latest Drama Obsession


Yesterday, I went to the Neon Festival at Gardens by the Bay and despite the initial heavy rain, we still went ahead with the plans because it was the last day. There were quite a number of neon lights display such as the one above but the night sky, combined with the rain and slight fog, made it a little harder to take pictures. And also coz I don't have the latest phone that can take great night pics. Fun fact. I'm always a model or two behind like when I change phones, it's usually the earlier model coz they would have lowered the prices to make way for the newer ones.

Anyway, just want to share that I am excited that November is coming very soon because finally I can  go for Strong by Zumba! I am in need of some intensive exercise to whip my poor body up, lol. It's been mostly dance fitness made up of K Cardio and Cardio Hip Hop. They do make me sweat especially Cardio Hip Hop like my goodness, she's so lithe and I'm like a baby elephant trying to walk for the first time. It's still fun though. Also, I find it annoying that I'm at a weight range which I really really don't like and I don't know if it's my diet or what because I felt that I didn't do wrong (anyway, who would admit they're wrong anyway, lol) because I don't eat that much in the day. I have this habit of eating between 12 to 2pm only on weekdays. And my next eating hour is after 7pm. Partly coz I want to keep the calories in check. I know many people do a calorie count to keep track but I am not so detailed orientated.

I know that it's just a number but to be at that weight, just goes to show me, not for anyone, that I haven't been following a healthier lifestyle recently which resulted in the weight creeping up slowly. It's ok. I don't think it's impossible to go back to my previous weight as long as I am little more disciplined with my eating habits. I am also more motivated seeing other bigger people, who has lost weight, and can see the significant difference, which goes to show me that it is possible. Honestly, it's not for aesthetic though it is a bonus point to look better in clothes. But you know, there is this feel good factor that you're taking better care of your health, physically and mentally and that I can keep my energy level up. I can't do anything about me growing older but at least, I want to be healthier as well.

Recently, I have been watching this Taiwan drama and yeah, this year seems to be the year that I am so into Asian dramas to the point of obsession over certain shows. I like to watch from the start how they were loggerheads with each other or how one find the other to be significantly annoying but slowly progress to a lifelong friendship or relationship when they get to know each other better. 

The latest one, I would say I am not so obsessed but it's still nice to watch. I wouldn't say that it is better than the previous Taiwanese drama I watched in the same series but different storyline. There is no gun shooting, police and gangster chase and some twisted storylines with misleading trailers, but stereotypical bully fall for the weaker one type of storyline.

The other couple's storyline is slightly more interesting with the high school boy falling for someone older and a working adult. His lack of experience in love and immature behaviour due to his age, this may cause friction in the relationship. Especially when the older one felt that he's not ready. The confession of the younger one also reflected on his immaturity to act without thinking but was still given a second chance because they both have feelings for each other already from the start. There is no slow development unlike the first couple but just how they work things through eventually.

So that is going on recently in the past week or so. There were more but will write a little more soon :)

Here are more pics from the Neon Lights Festival.





Comments

Popular Posts