Skip to main content

Feeling Like Sh*t

Photo by burak kostak from Pexels


At times, I feel that some things are better left unsaid and I told myself many times that especially at work, keep some comments to yourself. Because you will never know if that person you confide in will just blabber to the next person. And then it becomes like some kind of hullabaloo painting you as a baddie. But in actual fact, you're just trying to help. But of course, if one does something that is unkind, it's not likely that they will say they shouldn't have done so. He or she will just turn the table around and make themselves a victim. 

At first I was upset. I didn't expect that my colleague would actually quote what I said. Though I didn't regret those words, because I felt that it was unfair to me and my colleague, perhaps I should have word it better. And also, maybe I shouldn't have said out loud my intention because it may get misconstrued. 

You know the saying, you can't trust anyone? It rings true here. Even if that is a close colleague. As far as possible, you can have a good working relationship but keep comments about others to yourself. If you feel like you have been wronged or treated unfairly, bring up to your boss but don't have to like announce to everyone or the said person. Gossips are just nasty. Real nasty but I don't know why we have a penchant to veer towards it. Gossiping behind other people's back become the norm when you go for lunch with colleagues or friends and when you chat online. Gossips sort of become a filler to the dull conversations.

Anyway, my conscience is clear but at the same time, I had this guilt that my other colleague who was not involved, to be told about what I had said that she wasn't happy about. I didn't want to lose our friendship, I don't know why I felt desperate, I sent her several WhatsApp messages today telling her about what had happened and our side of story. I know I won't have time on Monday morning and I just wanted her to know but it is up to her to judge. Though she was kind enough to say that it was a small matter, nothing for me to worry about. I won't just lose her friendship because of this. But she would still hear what she has got to say.

At first I was upset that two people suddenly got a dislike against me as I wanted a good reputation at work. But you know, linking back to a drama I was recently obsessed with, he was willing to forgo his good reputation to protect his friend who had been wronged and was merely carrying out acts of justice though he didn't agree with his methods. They know that many people may be against them but they know that their conscience is clear. People's selfishness can lead to them pinning the blame to other people but themselves because they feel that they're all mighty or something. 

Whatevs.

Let us learn from our mistakes like be more careful what you want to say and with whom you say it too. Just adopt a neutral stand and not agree blindly to what the other person is saying if you don't hear the whole story. I just want to go to work happy and not be weighted down by petty problems like this.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...