Being the Boss of Your Life

photo credit: pixels


Honestly, I admire those women, young, older or within my age group, who seemed to have it together. They lead busy lifestyles, run their own business(es), are great bosses and still have time for play or do voluntary work. When I lay on my bed doing nothing, I feel a little bad. Or when I am facing some hiccups at work or running my online shop, I get into a daze mode like I feel I can't get anything done, especially when I am feeling overwhelmed.

I felt bad not updating this blog for a long time and I honestly have things to write about but I just can't get myself to sit down and do so. Yes I was sick last month for quite a long period, yet still life goes on, you know.

So now I am back and trying to get my life together again after watching two videos, unplanned, on youtube. One was about being the boss of your life and another one was about overcoming undesirable circumstances by truly believing you are so much more than that. It's true, we can get carried away by negative thoughts in life that weigh us down and we chose to give in, rather than fight to improve our lives. But we have to be the lead in our lives, shutting off thoughts that say that we can't, or we're not pretty or slim enough or we will never get out of this rut.

Once we start believing and investing in ourselves, we can carve out a life that is bursting with energy and everyday we wake up with positivity, taking charge and being in control. We may not have control over everything that happens in our lives but one thing we can, is our reactions and our emotions. 

There are so many things that I want to do but I just can't seem to complete my tasks on hand and even though I somehow managed to 'wing' it, I didn't quite like the feeling of rushing to complete and then forgoing the rest. So for this April, I want to continue being inspired by successful or confident women, whether my friends or successful people I follow on instagram, and who seem to get it when in comes to winning in life. Some may not be doing conventional things but I admire them for following through their dreams by working very hard, hustling and then enjoying the fruits of their labour going on vacations. 

So now we are officially in the 2nd quarter of the year. Start writing or re-write your goals, short term, long term and daily so that we lead our lives with meaning and purpose. Let's do this!

Comments

Popular Posts