Skip to main content

Being the Boss of Your Life

photo credit: pixels


Honestly, I admire those women, young, older or within my age group, who seemed to have it together. They lead busy lifestyles, run their own business(es), are great bosses and still have time for play or do voluntary work. When I lay on my bed doing nothing, I feel a little bad. Or when I am facing some hiccups at work or running my online shop, I get into a daze mode like I feel I can't get anything done, especially when I am feeling overwhelmed.

I felt bad not updating this blog for a long time and I honestly have things to write about but I just can't get myself to sit down and do so. Yes I was sick last month for quite a long period, yet still life goes on, you know.

So now I am back and trying to get my life together again after watching two videos, unplanned, on youtube. One was about being the boss of your life and another one was about overcoming undesirable circumstances by truly believing you are so much more than that. It's true, we can get carried away by negative thoughts in life that weigh us down and we chose to give in, rather than fight to improve our lives. But we have to be the lead in our lives, shutting off thoughts that say that we can't, or we're not pretty or slim enough or we will never get out of this rut.

Once we start believing and investing in ourselves, we can carve out a life that is bursting with energy and everyday we wake up with positivity, taking charge and being in control. We may not have control over everything that happens in our lives but one thing we can, is our reactions and our emotions. 

There are so many things that I want to do but I just can't seem to complete my tasks on hand and even though I somehow managed to 'wing' it, I didn't quite like the feeling of rushing to complete and then forgoing the rest. So for this April, I want to continue being inspired by successful or confident women, whether my friends or successful people I follow on instagram, and who seem to get it when in comes to winning in life. Some may not be doing conventional things but I admire them for following through their dreams by working very hard, hustling and then enjoying the fruits of their labour going on vacations. 

So now we are officially in the 2nd quarter of the year. Start writing or re-write your goals, short term, long term and daily so that we lead our lives with meaning and purpose. Let's do this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...