Skip to main content

Break ups

I love this couple from a tv show and I ship them hard. It's no secret on my blog at least that I love the Shadowhunters book series (The Mortal Instruments one) and now the TV show. But next two episodes won't be the easiest and probably the most challenging for them and the rest of the gang. Okay actually them getting together was already a challenge enough until the penultimate episode. It's just to show it's like any relationships, they go through ups and downs especially when trust is a major issue and they both come from different worlds and are highly respected in their own rights.

Actually I like their storyline in the show despite the rough start and multiple 'I'm pining for you but I can't coz it will mean losing everything' scenes. In the end the heart wants what it desires. In the book though, it gets pretty annoying. I guess it's just her childish writings at time although she's just trying to show his insecurities and this being his first relationship after all. The break up scene was well written though and full of emotions. I got the sniffles, k.

Before you think I will go on and on about this shipping and the impending breakup (NooOOoo..), I just want to talk about how challenging REAL relationships are that sometimes I'm glad Im not involved in such dramas. But then again, it's such a selfish talk. There are bound to be relationship problems. There are people who found love again, only to lose it even though they seem so made for each other. There are also those who are third time lucky and this could be the relationship that he or she has been looking for. 

For me, finding your soulmate after going through difficult times, tears and heartbreaks, may be a daunting task but it's not impossible if you trust yourself that you will fall in love again. I was shocked when I heard one of the youtubers I've been following since I started watching make up videos and a CEO of a make up company, is going through a divorce, her second one. Now she's only a year older than me but has achieved so much but went through many difficulties as well. This guy seemed to be a dream for her. He seems very quiet as compared to her but is very supportive of her and her business so nobody thought bad about him. He really loves her for who she is. 

But you know, what you see in the social media may not always be the most accurate version of them in real life. Even reality shows aren't that real, you know. So who are we to judge. The important thing is that they come out stronger, better and move on from this bitter episode in their life. It's not going to be easy. No break ups are easy but if people are meant to be for each other, they will somehow make their way back again. This was such a case for a local youtuber and make up artist as well. Again, we have seen how perfect they are together as a couple, travelling together and hanging out with the family and friends. But little did we know that recently they went through some hard times, which she dubbed as the most difficult time for her. However, glad to know they worked out their differences and are back together again.

So this love business isn't something to take lightly. It takes effort, commitment and heart. This is why I think relationships are not for everyone. I know that it is not for me. You go through a rollercoaster of emotions but this is what makes a person or relationship stronger.

I know that this is a rough patch for the tv couple as well when one was accused of being a liar while he was actually torn between answering to The Clave (it's like the government for the Shadowhunters) for this big secret they are hiding and to his boyfriend who is an outspoken representative of the Downworld because this secret can affect him and his Downworlder people. I also hope that like the book, they will work things out because they are simply meant for each other. Full stop.

So if you're in a relationship, treasure it with all you've got. People go through phases where they question themselves if this is what they want. Listen to your heart and your gut feeling and tell yourself if this is worth it. If it's not, it is not the end of the story. Life goes on and who knows, there will be someone even better for you out there and by them he or she comes to you, you are more ready than ever.


follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...