Skip to main content

Being Broke AF, Phone Stopped Working & All Other Misery

So it hasn't been a great week last week. I was broke af and I was barely surviving although I managed to have some money I received from my online shop which helped me to stay afloat at least a day or two. And then the cycle starts again until Saturday where thankfully my brother got his salary earlier so he gave me my portion.

Honestly, I was so poor I couldn't buy the bread, which was already discounted by the way, because it would exceed the budget that I had. Did I feel good about it? Of course not. But I didn't let it go to my head because it would just amplify my misery. I just tell myself that I will get over it. 

Also, I don't want to be in this situation again because it's just not pleasant. But it does make me more  aware of what I should be doing to not be that broke again. I know that I could possibly be in that situation again which makes me more determined to not move backwards but look forward instead. 

Oh and to add on to my misery, my phone suddenly stopped working the previous Saturday. It just won't start and even it at times, it managed to go to the home screen, it will restart again -_- Also, on that day, I had an appointment to go house visiting and I didn't know the address. After HOURS of restarting my phone, suddenly it worked for a good half and hour and I managed to copy down the contact number, the address and also to inform the people in the WhatsApp group that my phone was not working so it would be hard to contact me. I had to carry my mum's ancient phone as back up but which actually lasted longer than my so called more advanced phone..believe it or not. So for awhile, my mum was not contactable. 

I managed to use my phone to contact my friend to say that I am reaching her house's bus stop. Thankfully, she stepped out to bring me up to her Condo apartment. It's a private estate so I couldn't just enter like any good ol' public housing. 

Now I am in a lot better position than the previous week. I got my pay which included the mid year bonus and which I promptly put aside in case I accidentally spend it away. During one fine shower, I worked out a plan on how to save for the rest of the year because I want to get back on track asap. Also, while savings, I also need constant spending money to support my family which means I have to hustle to get moolah from my online shop. I will put aside $50 from my income every month from there too. 

So that's how my life went last week. There's ups and downs. You've read mostly the downs but about the phone, the up thing about is that I got my first iPhone. My phone broke down at a time I received an sms that I am entitled to a $200 discount voucher if I recontract my plan by the end of the month. I It could not come at a better time. Also, when I checked online for mobile phone offers, the iPhone 6 was on offer for my plan. I know it's not the latest model but I'm fine with it. After several episodes with sub par phones, I think in future I will invest in high end phones even if I have to pay a little more for it. 

I shall end this post with pictures from the open house at a friend's house :)

No matter how life can get us down at times, let's not give up and always learn and invest in yourself for the future.






follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...