Skip to main content

Birthday Karaoke Session & Dinner at Fika Swedish Restaurant

It has been more than a year since our last meet up and it's always ALWAYS nice to have a karaoke session because it just takes you away from reality for awhile as you get lost singing your life away, haha. The inner karaoke queen or king will just come out and it's best to sing with friends and it's often a guarantee that you will enjoy yourself to the fullest. Of course if there are one or two of them who throw shades at your singing or a bit showy on their singing skills but whatever, the point is to simple have fun.

It was also fun having to guess what each other's favourite songs are and then our attempt at singing those songs that we thought would be easy to sing to...but it's not. Singing is definitely hard work. Anybody can sing but to be able to sing well and capture the audience's attention, that's another different ball game. Here, we are just girls who wanna have fun messing slaying song after song. 3 hours are not enough, I tell ya!

After our karaoke session, which ended around 9pm, we wanted to eat at Fika cafe but when we reached, they were technically closed as they only served desserts like cakes. But we were gawd damn hungry. 3 hours of singing, mind ya. But the waiter kindly suggested we go to another outlet if we can make in time. We thought of walking which was about 15 to 20 minutes of walk although there was the uncertainty of whether we would reach on time. Here's the funny thing. One of us didn't know they had an outlet at the location where we first went while the other one didn't know they had it at another location. Anyway, we ended cabbing to the other outlet and made it in time, phews. 

Anyway, the food was bomb like it was really delish. I had swedish meatballs, like the ones you buy from IKEA restaurant, but better. I thought I made a good option apart from my usual pasta dishes coz I love me some pastas...yumm. I mean coz it was a Swedish restaurant and what better way than to get a Swedish meal.

We did some sharing among ourselves like updates on each other's lives like what we're up to. And then talking about our other friends whom we used to hang out with and hoping things will get better for them. 

It was sweet of my two friends to get me a slice of cake from there although we were eyeing the red velvet cake which the table next to ours got..and they didn't finish it, hrmph. But ours, which was a banana chocolate cake, was also the bomb coz any cake that is chocolate, is always a winner to me, haha.

It was even sweeter when the waiter said that cakes are complimentary for birthday occasions. Awwww...free cake! What an icing on the cake.

Here are the pictures from the night. We have nicknamed ourselves Viva Girls as in Spice Girls Viva Forever song as we are hoping our friendship remains throughout the years. Thanks for the company, we will definitely do another meet up! :)









follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...