Skip to main content

Our Brief Outing During the Night Festival 2016

Last Saturday, we went to the Night Festival which is held annually and the Art Museum and the National Museum facade will transform as seen from the photos below. It's always something to look forward to and the white exterior has never looked so colourful. As for the National Museum, there were actually figurine displays made up of wires and florescent lights which will 'dance' to the music being played. Actually the music sounded as though we are watching a 90s game and even one of the guys watching was like pretending he was holding a handheld console and controlling the figurines, haha.

I would say that it was interesting although much of the crowd was actually at the food area with benches where people queue for food and beer. It's also a good set up for young entrepreneurs and also as a way of promoting food from hipster cafes. People are normally hungry when walking and standing around watching these displays and performances. Oh, speaking of performance, they also had a live band performance Honestly, it was quite cringe worthy but well, maybe the audience liked it, I dunno. 

We didn't quite venture out much. Just these two prominent ones and the one at Sota, which I often don't understand their exhibits but it's just me, as I just see them as just oversized light bulbs. But they do give us good lighting when we take a picture together, haha.

At the end of it, we had our meal at Four Fingers, after quite awhile, eating nicely flavoured chicken winglets and chicken salad..yumz. No picture because it was one messy affair, haha.

Earlier on, we continued on our Night Festival outing by going to along the stretch of road at the outside of Peranakan Museum where a live band was singing acapella and the lady did beat boxing..and she was so good at it. If I do, nothing but sprays of saliva will come out. There were people drinking beer out of plastic cups and the bottom of the drinks with cup, there is a lemonade that actually sparkles like fairy lights. Wow, I hope it's not dangerous for the drinkers, haha. 

It was pretty crowded and we actually had no intentions of going in in the first place either. Actually we went to the National Art Gallery first but my goodness, we had to wait 3 to 4 hours just to see the exhibits *faint* hence, we skipped it. We ever went before a couple times but never this crowded before. By the time we finish queueing, IF we were to queue, can forget about going home on time coz it was already 9.30pm when we reached there. Plus side, I got to catch a rare pokemon outside the gallery. At least I didn't leave 'empty handed' lol..












follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...