Skip to main content

Overwhelmed but Grateful

 I admit that I felt overwhelmed mid-week. I had orders coming in, which is good believe me, but another thing is that I have just started on a new module as of last Monday. I've always felt lethargic last few weeks and add school to the repertoire, it somehow made it worse because for three times during the week, I would return home late at night after school and doing some grocery shopping.

To me, school doesn't quite interfere with the time I spend running the online shop because I am usually not productive around the time I reach home from work which can be anything from 7.30 to 8.30pm. I would rather veg out infront of the laptop and do mindless surfing either on the laptop or or on the phone through wireless internet. However, I simply could not get up in the middle of the night to do my work and just my luck, I had to rush several of my orders including one who, I don't know if it's a miscom or something, said that she didn't receive the mother's day card along with the anniversary card. I know she specifically told me that she didn't mind getting that mother's day card later like in early May. I don't want to argue further so I thought I would just do her card.

So as mentioned earlier, I had difficulty waking up. At most, if I am feeling extra lethargic to get up to do some work, I could still manage to do so at about 6am or even earlier than that. But I slept through until 6 plus, haha. Therefore, I had no choice but to inform my office that I would be taking time off but it simply meant that I would arrive late at work at about 11am. Of course I didn't specifically tell them about rushing orders. I told them something else instead, hee.

Then just as I thought this nightmare of rushing work is close to over, an order which I managed to extend to this Wednesday, it was brought forward, all of the things that she had paid for, to Sunday morning. I was like OMG, but I thought that I could do this, even though I would be out with my brother doing our explorations, because I didn't want to hold on to this order anymore. I had to move on to other orders.

How I managed? I managed it well enough to finish all the cards, and although a little bit more time would make it to how I had envisioned the cards, though I am still satisfied with the outcome to not be able to notice the time constrain that I have.

However all these taught me a lesson. Remember I was mentioning about how 'overwhelmed' I felt in mid-week, so much so, I had to take some time off from work to complete my orders. I realized that I should be feeling proud of myself instead. I am doing things that I would only wish for in the past such as continuing my education because I felt that there was no way I could afford the fees, even at a diploma level. There was no way I could earn some extra income and when I have the ability to earn it, I was thinking about how hard it was to get orders. I should be thinking positive and grateful for being given these opportunities. I won't let anyone and most importantly, myself down.

Moving forward now, I am able to pay for my second module for my diploma, and I have been receiving orders every week. It didn't really matter to me that I am pursuing a diploma instead of a degree and it also didn't matter to me about how much I receive as long as I can be kept going and income will come in as and when. What matters to me most is that I am able to pursue further studies and I am able to contribute to my savings fund which also help me to pay off some of my debt besides using it for household expenses.

The only thing I have to do now is to keep track of time, continue to work hard in life in all areas and overcome my lethargy. I believe that whatever we do, we must put in the efforts, don't give up easily and if we fall, get up and start again.



follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...