Skip to main content

Woodlands Bazaar Outing! - Plus a Tummy Upset

We are currently in the midst of the fasting month and come this Wednesday, it will officially be two weeks. This coming Hari Raya is going to be different because it will be a day just before National Day. Coolness. I saw the term National Raya or something in that line being coined.

So! As usual, my family will be one of the fams left out of the celebrations. It's a joyous occasion definitely with family and friends gathering but yah, we're very low key..haha. Okay, we shall get to that more later.

As for now, we shall concentrate on our fasting and also to perform good deeds. Oh, and eat all the yummy food my mum will specially prepare during this month. This is also a chance for me to lose some inches, even if the kilograms don't necessarily drop. I've been pretty much stuck at the same damn weight and while it doesn't bother me too much, it will....probably help having to wear a  pair of jeans that do not cinch too much at the waist. Just sayin'

So! I had a tummy upset this Sunday morning because I ate too much rubbish the night before. Sigh. Where should I begin with the food. McDouble from McDonalds, McWings, cheese hot dog, half a Ramlee burger, half a turkish chicken wrap, red velvet cake shared with the fam...and the list goes on. It's no wonder I woke up with a tummy upset..heh. 

But I think the real cause was because I ate some rice with egg and the vegetable was spoilt already. This is the problem with the buying food from such Ramadhan bazaar. Such bazaars are specially opened during the fasting month for the Muslim community to buy break fast needs and to prepare for Raya  like cookies and baju kurung which is a traditional Malay long dress. Nowadays there are so many designs I'm pretty much lost but I still like a simple clean design or anything that makes me look slimmer..ha.

So I allowed myself to go a bit crazy with food on Saturday but well..I shall stick to simple home cooked food for now or until our next bazaar outing such as the one at Bussorah Street and Geylang.

Some pics from the night!






Visit my online store http://www.facebook.com/mylittlecardshop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...