Skip to main content

Exploring Historical Site: Fort Canning Park

I took history lessons in the past and I also did the subject for A level, plus somehow managed to scrape through. How? Dunno.

Anyway, my brother will always think of ways to explore Singapore without burning a holey moley in the pocket because we're not that well off. I think even if we are, he will probably still be very stingy with his money. So he has always wanted to explore the Fort Canning Park which is an important historical landmark way back when Singapore was at war with Japan. There's quite a lot of things to see..and er..a lot of stair climbing. Fort Canning  Park has many archaeological finds such as relics and ancient brick buildings.

The hills offer a great view which prompted Sir Raffles to build his first colonial residence. Beautiful architecture. When I was standing on the majestic residence porch, I felt like a Queen waving to her subordinates down below..ha. The last time I went here, I ruined my expensive pair of Zara sandals from an outdoor concert watching Muse. They were super great but there were soooo maaany people that my feet were tossing around in the muddy area. It was raining prior to that so that explains it too.

By the time we finished our exploring, I was drenched in sweat. What a workout. 

So enjoy the pics below! (Click on the pics for a larger view)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...