Skip to main content

Lights Up! And it's not even Christmas..Gardens By the Bay

 It has been a year but I have never been to the Gardens by the Bay even though it's mostly free unless you want to go to the OCBC Skywalk which is like a treetop walk except the trees are fake yet majestic and artistic looking. If you look at the pictures or at least visit their website, you will know what I mean.

I went at night and the weather was cooling. It is situated near the ECP but there is a MRT station nearby which is Bayfront, part of the Circle Line and the minute you exit, you will see it straight away although you need to walk a bit to see the supertrees.

They are so majestic and who knew, they were man made. Okay, actually you can tell but really, it's a unique architecture combining concrete and plants. You've got to see it to believe it. You can either go day or night although if you go in the day, it can be blistering hot but it can't beat the heat experienced by moi at the Jurong Bird Park..ha. I practically thought my skin was chapping badly. Okay actually it did experience some redness. Even Sentosa didn't make my skin chap like that.

I had to wait for quite awhile before the light show started and here's a funny bit. We saw quite a number of people sitting on a grass patch in an open space facing the Supertrees and I suggested we do the same. The minute we sat down, my skirt was wet. Not as in wet wet but there was a patch on it. And my denim skirt is not dark but in a light blue shade which makes it eve more obvious. Talk about wanting to blend in with the crowds. We decided to sit somewhere nearby which was more comfortable. But comfortable to a certain extent because the person next to me kept playing this noisy game on her tablet even throughout the light show. *kill me*

It's all good though! I enjoyed myself especially if I don't have to fork out money from my pocket but can't say much about our dinner afterwards at McDonald's cafe..haha. It's not situated there even though they have some restaurants for you to eat with your family and friends. But I think the best is for you to hold a mini picnic with them to save on moolah and enjoy the beautiful scenery.

But do check first if the grass patch is wet first.

Enjoy the pictures! (Click on the pictures..if you wanna zoom in..that is if you want to)





















Visit my online store http://www.facebook.com/mylittlecardshop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...