Desperate for a Digicam

I want a new camera. A digital camera. The one that I used to have up to 3 but had either been given away or sold for a measly 10 bucks. Well, I need to put food on my table babes. I also sold my 200 over dollars film camera for...get this...5 bucks...just so that I could travel to work the next morning. By the way, I didn't put a price tag on them but the people at the counter which I wouldn't name what place is that *cough* Cash Converter *cough*....quote the price and they wouldn't budge from that measly amount.


But whatever it is, that is my life story and though Im not that much better from this dark period of my life, I will never forget it.






Actually, there were a few times which I did contemplate on buying a digital camera especially during fairs when the price went really really low but I kinda thought I didn't really see the need for it. Plus, having a handphone with a camera function also makes me think that yah, I don't really need it since I can use my handphone instead. But now after I see nice pictures taken by the humble digital camera and uploaded on the net on blogs and other social networking sites, they look so nice unlike my phone which unfortunately, despite having a qwerty keyboard as a favourite feature of mine, the megapixel is only just 2.0.


Seriously, Im not looking for a high end one like a DSLR camera or those newer versions of digital cameras with SLR functions. Just a normal digicam. That is all. If let's say I put aside a budget, I am willing to spend about $200 and preferably a good brand so I know my money is not wasted on a cheap digital camera that will probably last me a year, tops.


Ah well, we shall see. At this point of time, Im still in the midst of saving up while anticipating future bills to be paid like my housing admin fees that I have to fork out about 200 over dollars. I don't know if I mentioned this before but my town council conservancy bill is rather sky high now and we owe them about 500 dollars inclusive of late payment charges and lawyer fees. Well, these people gotta eat too. Yah, eat their piece of sh*t. Oh sorrie, family friendly site. Over the last few weeks, I was figuring out how am I going to fork out the money to pay these debt collectors. I can't delay it any longer because they actually sent me, or rather my father, a summons letter to attend the court hearing so they can impose their fines. I hope to milk sympathy from the town council people and drill it in their heads that not every one in their constituency is well to do. If they won't budge, forget about me voting for them the next time. Seriously. I am citizen and I am just exercising my right.


So it's things like this that make me often reconsider if I do need such things that are not important though they may add value to my life..or rather my online personal life..ha! Hey, who don't like to browse through picture after picture of friends and family eh? Then recently, I read an article from this obviously independent young woman who thinks that sacrifice is a word their mothers use. If you want something so badly, just get it. Can't decide which of the two designer bags to get during their major sale? Might as well get both!


Easy for you to say!! I earn peanuts. Like my recent performance bonus. 


Anyway, not everything in life is as easy as grab and go. Some things happen to help you change your twisted perspectives on life and get back to reality. In my case, thinking that I will get so and so amount of bonus. Okay fine, I know I keep harping on that coz I am so damn upset about it. Still, there are a lot of people out there who are struggling to make ends meet and they scrimp and save while doing jobs deemed dirty or unsuitable for our forever unsatisfied Singaporeans. So I can't really complain much including not having a digital camera.


We shall see. At the very least, I have no or very very little expectations about the mid year bonus in July like last year's catastrophe which let me pretty much scarred from experience coz I was basically penniless coz I didn't anticipate my bonus being totally cancelled. 


I don't want to be screwed again. But anyway, perhaps with God's blessings, one day I may get myself a digital camera. Why do I want one so badly? Well, you can't deny its usefulness and also coz Im so into digital scrapbooking, or what I like to call as, photo montages, to keep as beautiful mementos. In the computer when I make these montages, they look so beautiful. But coz I used mostly my camera phone with a very low and ancient megapixel count of 2.0, when I print them out, the pics look like sh*t. Maybe they're not meant to be printed out unless I am willing to fork out money that will give me higher quality print versions, I dunno. But I just think it won't make quite a difference if these pics were not taken with a digicam.


I can wish, can't I? I don't always have a winning streak but hey, when I do, I just hope this time round I will win a digicam. Wishin..wishin..upon a star.



Comments

Popular Posts