Skip to main content

Unreasonable Twits

Today, my colleague a.k.a the temp girl got really worked up at work over several calls. Im not implying anything but I guess she should learn that well...being tactful when talking to someone, especially with one that is obviously flared up over a certain matter prior to this, will help to not make things worse as it already is. I mean, being in the customer service line sometimes sucks when they insist things to be done their way..obviously only thinking in terms of their own benefit, or just refusing to admit defeat by even blatantly telling lies just so that they have a finger to point at.

But that's working life in the service industry. To me, it is of course frustrating when it seems to just be a one way traffic but if we always heed their words, it will be a difficult outcome for us too especially when other people will not be too happy over it. So it ultimately about weighing the pros and cons. But just how you tell the person that their suggestion is basically not a benefit in the long term, especially to one who refuses to listen, is a different story altogether.

It really really sucks...seriously. The good thing is that, among such customers with such bad attitude and who are simply too unreasonable, there are those who are really nice and polite and they make you forget for awhile that you have attended to an imbecile twit.

Anyway, I think she is really hoping to get out of there asap and being a temp girl, I suppose she doesnt really care if people find fault with her so she can jolly well do what she wants. The only thing that frustrates me is how easily she then 'pushes' the responsibility to someone else like just now, when she became angry after she apologised but the parent kept on raising her voice at her and demanding yet another apology. Then out of a sudden, she just refused to answer the following calls and shouted at me to answer the phone calls. When it apparently was the same stupid parent again, who kept on insisting to talk to her (while my colleague was acting all stubborn by refusing to answer) I actually wished my boss didnt take half day...sigh. I did try to help her to answer the call but it's really difficult dealing with someone who just REFuSED to listen to other people and was willing to hold the line. And I also started to get frustrated too because if she kept holding on to the line, it will keep transfering back to me and I hate that. I would rather get the call done and over with.

Lucky, my other colleague was there and like I said, sometimes it's really no point talking to someone who is still simmering with anger so in the end, the matter was not solved. Our point of view is that we are not going to give in so easily to such petty demands. Somehow I think my senior colleagues, including that of my boss, has dealt with a lot more than this or what I have dealt with, they are kinda seasoned to such things. To them, they are not going to be so scared easily by threats like complaining to the Vice Principal, Principal or even MOE. What is more important is that on their part, they have looked into the matter carefully just to make sure that there isnt an oversight in case an explanation is demanded which more often is the case. So you can say that my boss is very particular when it comes to documenting things so that if in future, should there be disputes arising, out comes the record.

But sigh, even keeping tabs of such records will be of no point if they stick to their own story. At the very least, it can help to protect ourselves if the higher authority questions us.

Anyway, an advice to such parents. We are not questioning your upbringing of your children. Whether they are boys or girls, while as parents we can be rather protective of them, at times it is better for them to learn on their own by not sheltering them so much. What's the point of giving them numerous enrichment classes or tuition classes when they are not able to stand up for their own self. After awhile, they become complacent because they know their mum or dad is going to help solve the problem for them and even if they are telling lies, their parents wont know because they trust their little 'angel's so much.

Wake up please. The world is not all cotton candy. Let them fall and pick themselves up again.

post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...