Disappointing Morning

What a disappointing morning! I woke up slightly late..and would have still have time to get up and dress up for gym but my mum had to occupy the toilet at the wrong time. And I know that doesnt sound like a bad thing..but if you have a toilet hygiene clean freak like mine, she takes FOREVER to be in the toilet. By the time she finished, it was like almost 9. See I was not exaggerating when I said she would take a long time.

Even though on Sundays, the public gym opens later at 9am, I have to be there slightly after 9am, and latest by 9.30am because if not, the bloody exercise obsessed hoarders will occupy the machines and take their own sweet time getting off the machines even though those things are timed.And usually, I would be able to use the machines but it's usually useless after 11am because by then, queues will start to form. If I am early, I would be satisfied coz I get to be on most of the machines before that. Unfortunately, this morning was not the case. In order not to waste my effort despite having to skip gym coz Im not going to waste my money and then not able to utilise the machines, I decided to take a long walk.

I thought of jogging at the nearby stadium but ah...Im not mentally prepared yet. Furthermore, that stadium is also the home of one of the local football clubs (dunno which one..me not football fan) and I saw some of them doing their practise. So it would be rather embarassing seeing me jog at an incredibly slow snail pace. However, I would seriously like to give it a go. Slow or not..at least it's an attempt to jog. I just hope those people jogging pass by me would not pass me snide remarks or offer encouraging remarks. I encountered those before and it's pretty irritating and I would rather remark at them to bloody mind their own business, nevermind their intentions were good. Or not.

Another disappointing thing is that after a month of waiting, the hotdog promotion at 1901 that sells chicken and beef frankfurts seems to be over. They did not put up the stand that said their American Texas hotdog sells for only 1.30 and I thought of asking if they forgot to put it out or they had scrapped the promotion...you know...given...cheapskate people like me would have made them lose business or something (although it's just once a freaking month). I can't ask the girl at the counter too coz that one is a China girl and her English vocabs are only limited to taking orders and not queries.Im not being a racist against them but it' s the damn truth..

Yet another disappointment! I happend to be at a Starhub roadshow and they were having phone and internet promotions. One of the promotions was the same as the one at the recently ended PC Show at Suntec City of which recontracting or new sign ups for a certain internet plan will get them a free netbook. Of course I was pretty excited but it was only limited to 50 first sign ups. And guess what? It had not even officially started at 11am but they had already started to give queue numbers to people and by then I think all 50 netbooks would have been snapped up already.

Sigh......can my morning get even worse than this? You know what...whatever the circumstances were this morning, it pale in comparison to my constant worry of how am I going to survive the family with this mere leftover of my pay. I have not been in such position since last Febuary because I had some savings to back me up. But now, I ave nothing to rely on! Im getting nervous with each passing day and my mum's constant questioning of when they will inform me once the monies have been transfered, why is it taking so long and her empty threats to march down to the court to demand for the money and to hire a lawyer if they dont release the money on time.

Im already stressed out as it is and she is adding on to my stress level. She also makes me despise blogging coz I find it rather tiring having to say the same things over and over again like there's nothing else exciting in my life right now. While my aunt has been doing her 'financial planning' as to what to do with the money she gets from my mum and also what we get, my mum is pretty worried about my uncle who will definitely come and find us and attempt to borrow a ridiculous amout of money.

So I dunno...having money is either a good thing or a bad thing. Based on past experience, sometimes it's good not to have so much money but enough to survive (or until the next pay day). Money tends to change a person. I dont want it to be the very reason my family fall apart as it almost previously did the last time. My mum and I very different handling of money and personal views can be a nuisance especially if my mum is the type who does not give in and so it will always be a losing battle.

Okay, for now, I dont care what are the repercussions later. I am going tobe like my mum and start getting agitated as to when they will contact us for the collection coz I seriosly dont want to resort to borrowing. Sigh, but if there is NOTHING else I can do if the money does not come in by this week, I guess I have to be a little thick skin then...sigh..

Comments

Popular Posts