Little Breather

Hey,

well....the previous post sounds a bit too shocking but rest assured, it's a one time thing and in order to save myself, I wont let it happen again. Anyway, on to other things that will be some sort of good news. Remember I keep talking about my father's retirement fund? Well, the good news is that they have finally contacted (can I say...'FINALLY!' again?) but you know the deal...whenever you get to finally breathe fresh air, they shorten the supply?

Okay, the thing is that, since we are withdrawing based on medical grounds which means that it will be taken out earlier than expected, there is a clause. Honestly, that sucks because we just want the money earlier coz it's not like we're well off or what. Yet, they still will take 8000 dollars and put it into the medisave and once the transfer has been done, we cant get that money out. Now we were given the option to not opt for the medical ground scheme but we would have to wait another 4 more months. I know waiting for another 4 months may seem like nothing and that it's better than losing the 8000 dollars which can amount a year's worth of retirement money.

If this is my money, I would agree and my rationale is that, if I can suffer for more than 2 years, 4 more months of waiting will mean nothing. But now my family is in such bad financial situation and almost every day I am living in fear that the power supply people will come and cut off the electricity and I dont want them to go through the agony frequently like last year. And then at times, my parents have to go borrow from my relatives and I seek help from friends too to get through the hardship almost every month. Still, I leave it entirely to my father to decide and at first, he was like..wow..so not worth it...but he pitied our family and my brother so in a way, I supposed he sees this montly income as a way of 'compensating' his inability to give us money to get through the days.

So he changed his mind and also, the money can also be used to go to the doctor and he can resume his medical check ups.

But u know what, as I pondered over the weekend, maybe not taking up the whole retirement fund may be a good thing and the $8000 that is deposited into the medisave account may be fruitful in future when he has medical bills or hospitalisation bills to pay. Of course my mother has a more morbid idea that if my father *touch wood* passes away before the retirement money runs out, we still will get the money from medisave. Trust her to come up with such things..seriously.

Honestly speaking, though the money isnt much like I can start going shopping like crazy whether for my own self or my family, it still is an added 'bonus' now that I dont always have be so mega calculating coz surviving this family with only my salary is seriously hard. Come 'dry period', Im always in a fix coz I often have to resort to borrowing.

I do not know how it is going to be planned out in terms of spending but I definitely will not let my guard down.

I trust in God that things will get better and of course, I promise I wont screw up again.

post signature

Comments

Popular Posts