Facebooking Love

Sometimes when I go through the facebook updates of my 'friends', a familiar topic crops up often. The topic of love. Besides being loveless, and unromantic (I cannot think of one thing a guy can do for me that will light up my day apart from giving me good quality chocolates)...the cynical part of me will think that hrmph..these people take life for granted. It's not as if it's the end of the world if your relationship fails. But later I will think that hey, Im not in their position so I cant comment much.

As you become more mature in age *cough* so not me *cough* your idea of love gets more and more screwed different based on experience whether of your own or others. I do not know if this rings true for others but to me I realised that I have become more jaded and it's not because I dont bleep on guys' radar. I guess because in my younger days, I spent too much looking high and low for love as if it was the no. 1 mission in my life nevermind if my studies got in the way as long as someone would date me for who I am. But then I stopped looking not because I had given up but rather I just let nature takes its course. Also coz I was attracting only weirdos who were only interested in quickly filling up that empty gap in their life without knowing you any better.

Despite nature working against me over the years, being a single young woman doesnt overshadow my life as I feel that...well...you cant hurry love. So you can imagine how traumatised I had been in my late teens when it comes to the weirdos.

Back to the facebook 'drama'. I could totally understand the younger girls being all perked up hoping to strike gold with the current crush and then when things didnt go as planned, they left bits and pieces of random notes on themselves that they would die alone and single..blah blah blah...Seriously, I imagine that to have someone (of a sound mind) to be in love with you...pampering you.....be there for you.....can be one of the greatest feelings in the world. I dunno...at least based on the soap dramas I watched.

The only thing that left me feeling a bit pissed off is that they become unappreciative of the existing love that they have in their life...from their family and friends. They would rather rebel against their parents, disregard religion (like taking off their headscarves worn by Muslim girls to 'enhance' their looks..although if u ask me, they look worse off) and brush off any concerns brought about by their good friends by being all sarcastic on facebook. Seriously, why throw your life away for the sake of finding that one true love? And can you truly guarantee that this one true love of yours is going to give you a lifetime of happiness?

But like I said, over time they will learn that it's not always a good thing to be selfish especially if other people dear to you have your interests at heart. True, that even as more matured adults, we may make mistakes but it doesnt hurt to listen and think through instead of constantly rebelling.

When I was around their age, I wasn't a rebel but I was just trying to follow the footsteps of other girls my age to be in love with someone although in the end, it became a losing battle and I admitted defeat which then brings about my 'heck care' attitude towards love...at least in my own personal life. I still think that love is a wonderful thing though....but whose wonder only lives in the dramatic world of soap or tv dramas......which I so love to indulge in.

Comments

Popular Posts