Skip to main content

Extreme Spending Adventure

I have been such a majorly lazy bugger for the last 2 weeks...it's easy to imagine what a complete mess my life is now. Ok..messy...not in a sorta step on people's toe kinda way but just messy...

Well, I can say that I kinda screw up a bit in terms of my expenditure...I guess coz I am in this bubble that on the 1st of march, the 'gah-men' (government) is going to give eligible Singapore citizens some money to tide over the economic woes. I dont know if I am right but given such difficult times, I suppose Singaporeans will complain less over the amount given because any monetary help is useful. For a scrooge like me who gets easily delighted when she finds a 2 dollar note or even a ten cent coin on the floor, the amount I am getting makes me happy although I do worry if it can last till my next pay day which is more than a week later.

Seriously, if I dont have to spend on my family, based on my recent adventure in Bugis Street two weeks ago, I would help myself to a lot of great bargains that I can easily pick up (a freaking belt for 2 dollars?!! *faints*). Oh well, there will always be a time when I get a little bit more dough and just getting a new blouse or new something can set off a trigger happy chain of reaction in me which just goes to show that sometimes, it is worth the wait.

While other average money earners like me scramble to save money, there is still a group of people who dont stop short of lavishing themselves with expensive facials, jewelleries and branded goods. Unless they want to be like Paris Hilton who finds shopping as an excuse to help the economy, it's seriously puzzling for someone to go to courts to ask for extra money every month from the ex husband in order to support her children and herself which later came to light in the news as an 'excuse' to support their lavish lifestyles that they soon found hard to cope. Seriously, how naive can you get for someone who used to hold a good post as a former civil servant?

That is quite an extreme but the judge did have a point by giving them the advise to live within their means. We all want to be pampered because of the feel good factor that comes with it but it should be a once in a while treat that you treasure simply because there are other things worth doing that do not require you to spend so much. But to me, it's just a matter of maintaining a good reputation and to 'save face'.

Then again, like I said, it's an extreme case but I know there are a lot of cases where people can spend more than they can afford because it's such a cool feeling to whip their credit card out of their wallet. Later when their bills come, it wont be so cool after that and it came to light recently, that there is an increase in the number of people, which is already swelling by the way, who defer their credit card payments and chalk up a high interest in the future. Work so hard and then end up paying banks 'extra' money for what? It's such a waste of money and years spent studying so hard to get to where they are only to have their money rolled to other people.

But it's typically a Singaporean trait by desperately trying to fit in even if it means shovelling their way in by force. So..so..sad. Worse, now that they are lowering the amount earned per year to qualify for a credit card, which increases the group of would be customers, I think not just the stock market, the world is gonna crash soon....sigh....

post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Ray of Light

The act of falling in love. Very subjective and it also depends on the object you desire. Well, if it is the 'whoa mama!' sort of hunk or good looker, then yours truly has fallen in love many times over and over again. But a guy who has stolen my heart for good..well...that has yet to happen. But let's not talk about my non existent love life. Let's just ponder over the act of falling in love. From what I have observed through several tv shows or even movies, I gather that well..not everyone is so lucky to have fallen in love at first sight. It takes time, and maybe it will even take boyfriend after boyfriend or girlfriend after girlfriend before reality smacks your face and you end up with your very first boyfriend (gasp!). What a truly merry go round. Hey, it happens. Because we make mistakes and we are too blind to notice how someone can truly bring you happiness by their sheer volumes of care and concern for you. In the midst of crisis, a ray of light shines through...