Skip to main content

Happy 2009!

Happy New Year People! Whats ur resolution?...

Anyway it's gonna be another long year of suffering self discovery and life lessons so come to think of it, that is going to sound like one heck of a scary year. Oh well, life goes on and everything happens for a reason. Well, almost.

As usual, I do hope that this is going to be a better year for my family financially. Yes Im hoping that CPF gets back to us asap regarding my father's retirement fund. It's been so damn long. Do you know when was the time I applied for that thing? End of October! 4 weeks of processing? Yah right! Now I do not know if they are going to approve it or not. At least tell us something.....it's really difficult for something that you do not know of the outcome. Of course Im hoping for good news as well so that at least I know my family will be taken care of. And I dont have to be so frugal with my spending coz it's so hard to ponder over simple things that other people dont even have to think twice over buying it.

So Im looking fwd to that only. In the love department, not so much but Im still hoping to score a date with a nice decent guy. But! I have to work on improving myself first and I have a lot of flaws that need to be ironed out. I want to look good and feel good about myself. I want to radiate self confidence that comes from being able to love myself first.

Yup so that will be my resolution. Yes it is very generic along with losing weight coz I still have not achieved my so called ideal weight. Okay technically, the ideal weight is still not the acceptable weight but hey, the idea is to make myself look and feel good right? it's not about making myself more desirable looking so that men can be attracted to me like finally or wearing clothes meant for stick figures..I mean...slim people. But my problem is that I get lazy and then I'll slip back down again and have to work extra hard to bring myself up again and it's a tiring cycle.

So I have decided that once I lose it, I lose it for good. There is no looking back. Just get on with the programme Rahayu. But frankly speaking, because my new job does not require me to travel and eat outside food almost every day, I have better control over my diet which is good coz no more headache of not being able to find healthier food choices.

Therefore in 2009, here's to a healthier you and me!!


post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...