Less Slacking And More Living

I've been slacking and I'm not proud of it. Life has so much to offer and yet I just prefer to snooze, lol. I haven't been writing in my journal because I finished the last one and forgot to buy a new one when I was at the shopping centre where the shop was located. Many shops close earlier than the usual 9.30 or 10.00pm timing because of the virus going on here so people go out less. But I dunno, the malls still don't seem too empty because we Singaporeans still can't live without our food and shopping, haha.

So when I don't write, I feel like I lost a bit of direction in life. I mean it's not a guarantee life will suddenly improve if I write because there are times when I still kinda fall back to the bad habit. It's just that at least I have the time to reflect while writing so that gives me some perspectives in life, rather than have my mind clouded with so many thoughts.

Recently, I have been following a few Malay Muslim ladies online and they're not of celebrity status that we often admire because of their star power. But they are still inspirational, to me at least, in how they lead their lives with the aim of improving to become better version of themselves. They let go of things that are weighing them down, pick up new skills or ventures, business or otherwise, and while they work very hard behind the scene, they carry on their daily lives with so much passion and energy. 

People are so quick to judge, my God, like saying oh they have nothing to do like a day job that's why start the Podcast. So their timing is more flexible because they take on freelancing services or home based services but it doesn't mean they don't work. It's the modern times. People don't just stick to your regular 9 to 5 jobs. It also doesn't mean they work any lesser than us. These are still jobs, regardless, because they still bring in the income for the family because like us, they have bills to pay too.

Of course they're only human and at times, they get tired too but they keep going after ranting, because they think positively and just enjoy every moment. You just can't help but notice their passion through the posts they write, their daily activities, cooking, podcast show etc..And then there is me, who can't get over the last episode of the Taiwan drama because of one incredibly sweet scene.

I know these ladies also obsess over certain TV characters or shows but they still continue living like ok, these are just fictional characters, life still goes on. I try not to be overly consumed by Instagram, youtube and what other social media things but I also feel there is more that I can do. Lack of time or tiredness is not an excuse. The times bingeing on certain dramas or on IG can be better spent doing things that benefit us.

I hope to get my life in order and writing this post is a good start for me. Let us all strive to be a better version of ourselves too :)



follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts