Stomach Aches Ordeal Again...AKA Mini Break

Last Thursday, I was sick. But I wasn't terribly sick like I could barely stand or walk, well almost. I don't know why the stomach pains I encounter come on every few months and I don't know if this is out of habit of me not eating for several hours a day, longer if it is after 2pm til it's 7 plus in the evening. It's not some kind of fad diet. I can never do one of those keto diets. It can guarantee weight loss, most def, but it's not something that I feel that the body can sustain once you are off this kind of diet. Same goes with extreme exercise routines, not for the overall well being but to lose weight fast.

But it's a good start, especially for many people who have been on poor diets due to lifestyle or eating habits which then cause them physical pain even over simple task like say, walking a certain short distance or climbing up the stairs that result in breathlessness that they just keel over.

This stomach ache wasn't as bad as the first one I had earlier this year, and the second one in the middle which was of course still painful but lessened after some rest. But this third 'attack' I should say..was pretty mild. But combined with the TOTM or you know, girl's time of the month, it sorta weakened me, not during work thankfully which happened for the first two. I felt mildly uncomfortable and thought that it would be fine after some bed rest and rubbing some ointment. However, the pain got worse and worse through the night that I couldn't even toss and turn coz the tummy was just so bloated and aching.

But in the middle of the night, I managed to conjure up some strength to walk to the bathroom, wash up and then change clothes. I just think that this wasn't the usual stomach ache but the menses pain which seemed a tad stronger this time, most prob from the lunch I had earlier this afternoon. So in the morning I thought that I could just shower, with some difficulty coz standing for a long period was pretty uncomfortable unless I stand with my knees very close together to steady myself. And coz of this, I felt that I could still go to work.

However, I was cutting up some photos for a card order and halfway while cutting, I don't feel so good like I felt fever and fatigue creeping up and I was barely finished that I felt the need to lay my head down. If I was already weak at this point, how the heck would I survive going to work and then lasting the whole day.

No way.

Eurgh..but I loathed texting my former manager who, unsurprisingly shot me some stupid questions or remarks, and too bad she was covering for my current manager who was more chill like you're sick..ok, no questions asked.

This manager was like..was the pain coz of this....did the doctor ever tell you why..I mean, coz you exercise regularly..

Ok, I am JUST a HUMAN BEING OKAY. Even if I exercise regularly, I am still susceptible to falling sick. Maybe not as frequent as others but I can still be sick. I can never forget that one time, she scoffed at my temperature, which at that time was 39 deg cel and she said oh, her son and she herself had higher temperature than mine which was above 40 deg cel. My God who cares?! This is not some competition.

So even though I booked a doctor's appointment, I still had to wait about half an hour because there were a lot of walk in patients. And that was the most uncomfortable waiting period, like seriously I was just there, feeling feverish and when I managed to get in the doctor's office, suddenly I was freezing, lol. I thought eh, this time round I didn't cry and I still managed to somehow be dramatic -_- I got two days of MC, yay! 

I started silently crying (coz in public..not in front of my mum where I would be wailing..lol) and was constantly wiping my tears coz it just wouldn't stop trickling. It was yet another 10 to 15 minutes of unbearable waiting but luckily I brought pill and a water bottle to curb the pain so it gave me a little bit of strength which I need later on to walk to the bus stop. I thought I couldn't talk properly coz you know, drama mama, so when I was asked my identity number and name, I had to suck it up, and read the paper with my own personal details coz I couldn't think straight, haha.

Honestly, the medicines these days are getting stronger and is it just me.the doctors pity me or something. They were of strong dosage that I actually managed to have my fever come down pretty fast and took away most of the uncomfortable feeling in my tummy and overall body ache after some sleeping. In the late evening, I could go out and buy groceries though of course, I couldn't last very long walking around so I stayed on almost the same level to get the groceries and food for my mum. Still feeling rather groggy, but not as bad as earlier this morning.

I came home to eat the second round of meds and again, I gained some strength again and managed to stay up for half an hour catching up an taiwan drama episode. Slept again coz the meds made me drowsy and got up again. I felt tired just lying down in the bed and thought that I wanted to do some cleaning up in my room coz my things were everywhere like my bags and stuffs. But I was too tired from a lot of sleeping. Yes, there is such a thing.

So I sat in front of my laptop watching an episode of one of the shows I'm currently watching on Netflix. It wasn't a full on watching coz it was an hour long and half an hour was the longest I could sit on my butt, with an in between rest to bed and then up again to continue.

That was my ordeal last Thursday. So usually, I have a fitness class every Thursday and this month was Zumba. I wasn't so upset I had to miss Zumba coz I don't think I could go anyway. But I didn't feel bad too because guess what, the class was cancelled! Lolz....It was due to the weather as it was raining heavily earlier today and because today's venue was outdoors, the event had to be cancelled.

I take it as a blessing in disguise, haha.

As I am typing this out, I am feeling much better though still having some bouts of pain in the tummy but it comes and goes so it's not full on recovery. I am also glad to have this mini unwanted break since I rarely take leaves so this was like God telling me, Rahayu..you need a break and this is how I am giving it to you. By making you sick..not much..but still requires you to have a bed rest.

I hope you're in good health because we are entering the last month of the year and we will make the best of this month before we welcome in 2020, the start of a whole new century.






Comments

Popular Posts