Rocky & Eventful Start to 2019

So about three weeks have passed since we did the countdown for the New Year. And how has things been going? Well, I should say that there was some joy, new discoveries, sickness and there were tears shed as well. It's quite a roller coaster ride of emotions but nevertheless, it's the life experiences that shape us.

For me, I have this annoying sore eye thing going on and off since last week. And now it's back on. There's a little sore underneath the eye lid that is causing the irritation and even though it's a little uncomfortable and teary at times, my vision isn't that affected. Other than that, I am also trying to be a little cautious on spending though based on past experiences, this may be quite a futile effort. But I don't know, perhaps things will be slightly different this year? Since I am no longer the sole breadwinner of my family. My brother is now working full time but he is not paying the bills yet. I am. So maybe, I am technically still a breadwinner? Haha..it's just this time I have a little income from him and he is giving me a higher amount than he usually did when he worked part time or serving the army. That will help to provide a little relief for me for say, about a week. I may want to save a little portion of it like I did last month but as things can get financially tight at times, I see how it goes.

Speaking of finances, I did some stupid mistakes in the past financially because I was desperate and it seemed like the easy way out. It didn't involve loansharks, thankfully, because that would be even more stupid. But nevertheless, it was and still is, pretty bad and I am determined to have it gone by this year. Someone else decided to help me and this was something totally unexpected but very big hearted. I don't know what else to do and so this was a very welcome gesture for me.

Health wise, I am back to going for fitness classes after work and kicked off with Zumba last Tuesday. And then I went for K-Kardio and yay, it was the same trainer as last month! Since now Thursday class for HIIT has been shifted to Monday, I can now attend every K Kardio class, yay! It's such a popular class as you can see from the turn out below. 


Photo Credit: https://www.facebook.com/TeamAxis.sg/
Anyway, life is indeed a roller coaster. Tears shed from arguments and for someone who seldom cry, this is big. But when things upset me that much, I can't help but be overwhelmed with emotions. 

Amidst the tears, there were some happiness too. Sometimes things don't always turn out how we expected but there would be a silver lining. We didn't get to cycle because it was about to rain and it did, very heavily. Also because, we didn't manage to unlock the bicycles as they were not in good working condition. 

Disappointed but instead, we headed to a new burger place and we enjoyed our burgers, shakes and fries. No exercise? Why not just bring it up a notch by eating at Fat Burger, haha!




I hope you don't get discouraged if things don't work out for you at the beginning of 2019. We still are not done with January and we have 11 more months to go. So chin up and hope for better days ahead :))

Comments

Popular Posts