Following The 10 Year Challenge


So there was this viral thing going on where people were posting the 10 year challenge where they would show pics of them ten years ago and now. I don't know how it started but it seemed interesting. Don't have to do any of those acrobatic or dangerous moves like the moving car dance thing. That was stupid.

Anyway, in a blink of an eye, 10 years would have passed and the greatest shocker would be when we thought we looked the same as we did back then but reality is, we don't, haha. Sure some people may be luckier as in they look even better than they were 10 years ago. Age can be kind to many but can be cruel too, haha. Like my thinning hair. I've always had a love-hate relationship with my hair because it is constantly all over the place and messy. When I kept my hair longer most times, it would look voluminous but messy. Yet now, it is a different story. Looked flat and shapeless. So I figured that maybe it's better being kept shorter so less obvious that my hair isn't that voluminous anymore, haha.





I have learnt to embrace it, thick back then and thinner now, haha. I wish I am talking about my weight but alas, I am not.

Face shape wise, it looked like it's pretty much the same as compared to 10 years ago but of course, I looked older, but it hasn't been that way until recently. Someone said the same thing too that I looked the same, haha, but honestly it could be I have been working out quite a lot lately up to 3 - 4 times a week. I just enjoy working out at the gym and going for fitness classes not because I 'die die' want to lose weight for vanity. It's just for health like I want to be healthier. If I change physically for the better, then it's good too but it's not my main priority.

Anyway, before I go off tangent, some things still don't change. Like being broke towards barely two weeks after pay day and not having enough savings. Or if I manage to save some money, it goes south pretty quickly and I am not even a spendthrift in the beginning. And then being self conscious such as making myself think that I don't look as attractive as these girls around me so no way, guys will pay any attention to me. I don't crave for their attention but sometimes I wonder if I am ever attractive to them, haha. It's a silly thought because every girl is different and it starts from loving yourself first. 

At times, being clueless in life and finding the lack of meaning. But after yesterday's hilarious session at the National Gallery with Kumar's stand up comedy, he ended off by letting us know that every one of us has a purpose in life, that's why we're being put on east and to always remember to be grateful. Life isn't always rosy and most times, I just think my existence is quite unnecessary because I am not making the best use of my time here and just skating by.

But looking back, I don't want to do another 10 year challenge and then thinking about how I have not achieved anything in life. Sure I have done other things within the current 10 years like continuing with my studies and getting a diploma but I also hope that within the next 10 years, I am able to level up by getting a degree. And then I also hope I can finally amass an amount of wealth not to feel rich but rather, to feel safe that I don't have to worry about being financially strapped and also to be able to travel to some of my dream destinations.

2019 was off to a rough start but there are also some high moments. Let us all achieve to strive more in life because life is short and you'll never know when that right to live will be taken away from us. So write down things you want to achieve in life and live a life with a meaning and purpose :)

Comments

Popular Posts