Skip to main content

You're Beautiful, No Matter What




Recently, I watched a video that struck me hard and I started crying and good thing I didn't ugly cry, but still, my make up was almost ruined haha. It was in the morning and just dolled myself up a little for work. I was working on my orders and watching you tube and then one video led to another. The original video was about entering 2019 with confidence. The other video, however, was about self love and looking at ourselves in the mirror and telling ourselves that we are beautiful. It is a social experiment on how much women actually love themselves by talking to the mirror, which by the way talked to them as well but someone was actually behind the voice, giving them prep talks.

It's sad how many women in general, whether young or mature, think so low about themselves and how life actually 'begins' when they look a certain way or lose some X amount of weight. The thing is, we don't have to wait for that moment before we can start loving ourselves and taking action to lead our lives towards the right direction or to chase our dreams. We can still change the world, irregardless of our physical appearance. We can care for others, make an impact in their lives and basically just enjoy our time here on each while we still can. To me, the last point is the most poignant as so much time is taken up just trying to figure our way around life and loathe ourselves because we don't like certain features of our physical appearance. 

I've mentioned many times how my low self esteem used to get me quite often but now, I just focus on doing what benefits me most such as eating healthily and exercising even if I don't get to achieve my dream body. And even if doing all this won't give me the killer looks or body, I am still ok, because I am taking proper care of myself. Even then, I think it's still normal for me to feel that sense of being 'unpretty' or 'unattractive' because not everyday we feel like we're a 100% confident of ourselves and that we can conquer the world. What matters is being able to flip that around and just lead our lives as normal as we can for as long as we are still able to.

However, what resonated with me in this video, on how words can actually hurt people, without them realising and that these words can stick to us and cut us deep like knives. As much as we don't wish for these words to affect, because they are after all, just words, they do. I mean we're still human beings with feelings. Obviously, those people who pass off these insensitive comments are just being rude and they don't actually care if they're going to hurt other people. We often put a brave front and then people think like oh, just because we don't look like we are affected by them, they can just say what they want to say without thinking.

The most dangerous thing is when we start to believe these words ourselves and that they are speaking the truth and no matter how we flip the situation, we just can't shake it off. That was when I felt for her when I watched the video. 

I hope this video and this blog post can create an awareness that we should start loving ourselves first irregardless of whether people are being such immatures trying to bring us down. Also, there's not even a need for these people when we are self sabotaging our own lives. At the end of the day, we are responsible in taking charge of our lives for ourselves and not for them.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Ray of Light

The act of falling in love. Very subjective and it also depends on the object you desire. Well, if it is the 'whoa mama!' sort of hunk or good looker, then yours truly has fallen in love many times over and over again. But a guy who has stolen my heart for good..well...that has yet to happen. But let's not talk about my non existent love life. Let's just ponder over the act of falling in love. From what I have observed through several tv shows or even movies, I gather that well..not everyone is so lucky to have fallen in love at first sight. It takes time, and maybe it will even take boyfriend after boyfriend or girlfriend after girlfriend before reality smacks your face and you end up with your very first boyfriend (gasp!). What a truly merry go round. Hey, it happens. Because we make mistakes and we are too blind to notice how someone can truly bring you happiness by their sheer volumes of care and concern for you. In the midst of crisis, a ray of light shines through...