The Great Pretender



There are a lot pretenders around and they will fake their personality for the sake of social points, positive feedback and approval. You don't think much of it except that perhaps this person is being overly friendly and then something triggered, you get taken aback by the words he or she say or the action. It can be a total 180 degrees turn.

I had one such encounter yesterday. While I take part of the blame because I thought that my lack of action to look for him when he clearly had said what he was wearing and where he was and yet, I didn't go all the way there and instead roamed around like a lost child looking for her mummy. I was supposed to meet up with him to deliver a good but silly me, I don't get how come I didn't put in much effort to look for this poor guy who had been standing quite awhile since he came earlier.

While I could have sworn I did go up there but perhaps he had not made his way there or something, I dunno. I wasn't late too because I arrived earlier but spent that early part looking for him before our agreed meet up time. What shocked me was his sudden rude sentence in his chat with a few !!!! and then within that seconds of him texting I managed to find him and his face was so black. This was a far cry from his previous texts that depicted him as very friendly or warm, however you described it, like basically not as nasty as this.

I didn't retaliate but just gave the good and thank him and walked away quickly. I also do not know if he regretted writing that because shortly, he wrote a positive feedback saying that I was 'punctual'. I hesitated to return the feedback but whatever. I did say it was my fault earlier too for not looking hard enough for him.

Though it was a short sentence, it kinda lingered up to now and further cemented the fact that people would say or do anything to sweeten things up sort of like an extra credit. It's also a way to get you to do things for them. This goes for work, deals between potential clients, family members and etc. Running an online shop has let me to run into such diverse encounters with people online mostly. Honestly it's annoying as hell but just like real life, there are many types of people. Many feel like they're so freaking entitled and yet they ask for more than they are willing to pay for. 

I think the only way to deal with such negativity from such people is of course, to stay away from them, but if you have this encounters due to business or work, you just have to try your best not to lose your cool (like I did after receiving that angry text) and then vent out your frustration by sharing it with someone or writing it out. Whichever way it is, basically just rant and then do not think about it and if there are any learning points, like in my instance, to follow the instructions closely, then learn from it.

Basically you just need to move on and look forward. I am pretty sure these are just like 0.1% of annoying people and the rest are all nice like how a basic human being should be. Letting go of the past, especially the negative aspects, can give you a more positive outlook in life. So let's enter 2019 with the hope we are able to have more positive experiences with people who appreciate your work rather than just being bossy, judgmental and what have they, to bring you down.


Comments

Popular Posts