Skip to main content

How Life Can Teach Us to Be More Appreciative

A friend of mine has been sharing quite a lot of things on Saturday, which isn't like her at all, because while she does share things with me, most of the time she doesn't and I appreciate the fact that she wanted to share her personal story that changed her perspective on life. I couldn't believe that she went through that and having gone through such a state of mine before years ago, I completely understood how one could be so emotionally wrecked when you feel like you're going to lose your loved one.

For my friend, I'm glad the ordeal was over but it clearly left a big impression, from the conversation we had and how it changed her even though in my opinion, she is one of the best people I've ever met. But as told by her, she learns from everyone and sees strength in people when clearly, those very people have doubts about their own abilities and what they're capable of doing. 

But life as it is, may result in us forgetting and appreciating what we have and then keep harping on those things that bring us down and without us doing anything about it because of ego, personal beliefs or whatever. Our situation will forever be stagnant when we don't do anything about it. I know of people who lead a hard life and getting by with just the basics, still doing ok and not needing financial help from other people in general, because they try their ways to get public assistance which is good. I did go through that period too and it was hard sitting down there being interrogated but I understand what they're doing is to know more about our situation and how they can help. Also, since they're using public fund, they have to actually be accountable for it and that they're rendering help to those people who really need it.

I understand that the paperwork can be a killer but we want help and we shouldn't be letting our pride get in the way. Other people can't forever render financial help to us because they ownselves have other commitments too. Also, it's their hard earned cash and God knows how hard for them to save those stash. It's also a reminder for me so as far as possible, I try not to borrow and learn to supplement myself with a second income source.

While she was sharing her stories, I couldn't agree more that time is precious. The time spent with our friends, our family and on our own things, once it's gone..it's gone. You can't get back time so we shouldn't be wasting time worrying how we are not as attractive or as rich as certain people. The important thing is to be our authentic self and to keep the faith in ourselves that we can get through the hard times and come out of it stronger and raring to go. Also, to use time wisely on things that matter more to us.

I went through personal crisis many times and one of them, still clearly in my mind was how dead broke I was around this time of the year just last year actually. I've spoken about this many times in my blog posts because that was how strong the impact it had on me. I personally don't know if the money that I have saved up so far will last me until my December bonus because life can be unpredictable but whatever it is, I am trying my best to ensure I am able to sustain myself and the fam until the next pay day. I know I still owe people money, whether as a personal loan, credit card debt or bills so it is a balancing act for me and there are times I worry, that the money I'm holding, is truly mine.

I want to make my life better for sure but it sure isn't easy so I am still trying my best to keep it all together and settle as many things as I possibly can without falling back on hard times. 

But other than that, I find that as I'm growing older and approaching mid thirties next year, I don't let negative thoughts affect me too much. The point is, I don't know how long will I be around and I can't just sit around mopping about oh, how unfair life is and how I should be looking like that and not like this. What matters most, is how I feel about myself and doing what is best for myself too.

 For sure, anything can happen and we don't want to face regret and bidding for time which will slowly slip away from us.

Let this be a continuous journey of learning and while we're at it, not to forget about the joy of living and to have a sense of gratitude if we're still lucky enough to be alive and face another day. Don't waste this chance.
 

follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Ray of Light

The act of falling in love. Very subjective and it also depends on the object you desire. Well, if it is the 'whoa mama!' sort of hunk or good looker, then yours truly has fallen in love many times over and over again. But a guy who has stolen my heart for good..well...that has yet to happen. But let's not talk about my non existent love life. Let's just ponder over the act of falling in love. From what I have observed through several tv shows or even movies, I gather that well..not everyone is so lucky to have fallen in love at first sight. It takes time, and maybe it will even take boyfriend after boyfriend or girlfriend after girlfriend before reality smacks your face and you end up with your very first boyfriend (gasp!). What a truly merry go round. Hey, it happens. Because we make mistakes and we are too blind to notice how someone can truly bring you happiness by their sheer volumes of care and concern for you. In the midst of crisis, a ray of light shines through...