How Life Can Teach Us to Be More Appreciative

A friend of mine has been sharing quite a lot of things on Saturday, which isn't like her at all, because while she does share things with me, most of the time she doesn't and I appreciate the fact that she wanted to share her personal story that changed her perspective on life. I couldn't believe that she went through that and having gone through such a state of mine before years ago, I completely understood how one could be so emotionally wrecked when you feel like you're going to lose your loved one.

For my friend, I'm glad the ordeal was over but it clearly left a big impression, from the conversation we had and how it changed her even though in my opinion, she is one of the best people I've ever met. But as told by her, she learns from everyone and sees strength in people when clearly, those very people have doubts about their own abilities and what they're capable of doing. 

But life as it is, may result in us forgetting and appreciating what we have and then keep harping on those things that bring us down and without us doing anything about it because of ego, personal beliefs or whatever. Our situation will forever be stagnant when we don't do anything about it. I know of people who lead a hard life and getting by with just the basics, still doing ok and not needing financial help from other people in general, because they try their ways to get public assistance which is good. I did go through that period too and it was hard sitting down there being interrogated but I understand what they're doing is to know more about our situation and how they can help. Also, since they're using public fund, they have to actually be accountable for it and that they're rendering help to those people who really need it.

I understand that the paperwork can be a killer but we want help and we shouldn't be letting our pride get in the way. Other people can't forever render financial help to us because they ownselves have other commitments too. Also, it's their hard earned cash and God knows how hard for them to save those stash. It's also a reminder for me so as far as possible, I try not to borrow and learn to supplement myself with a second income source.

While she was sharing her stories, I couldn't agree more that time is precious. The time spent with our friends, our family and on our own things, once it's gone..it's gone. You can't get back time so we shouldn't be wasting time worrying how we are not as attractive or as rich as certain people. The important thing is to be our authentic self and to keep the faith in ourselves that we can get through the hard times and come out of it stronger and raring to go. Also, to use time wisely on things that matter more to us.

I went through personal crisis many times and one of them, still clearly in my mind was how dead broke I was around this time of the year just last year actually. I've spoken about this many times in my blog posts because that was how strong the impact it had on me. I personally don't know if the money that I have saved up so far will last me until my December bonus because life can be unpredictable but whatever it is, I am trying my best to ensure I am able to sustain myself and the fam until the next pay day. I know I still owe people money, whether as a personal loan, credit card debt or bills so it is a balancing act for me and there are times I worry, that the money I'm holding, is truly mine.

I want to make my life better for sure but it sure isn't easy so I am still trying my best to keep it all together and settle as many things as I possibly can without falling back on hard times. 

But other than that, I find that as I'm growing older and approaching mid thirties next year, I don't let negative thoughts affect me too much. The point is, I don't know how long will I be around and I can't just sit around mopping about oh, how unfair life is and how I should be looking like that and not like this. What matters most, is how I feel about myself and doing what is best for myself too.

 For sure, anything can happen and we don't want to face regret and bidding for time which will slowly slip away from us.

Let this be a continuous journey of learning and while we're at it, not to forget about the joy of living and to have a sense of gratitude if we're still lucky enough to be alive and face another day. Don't waste this chance.
 

follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts