My Life in 2012 (Part One)

Finally! The  long awaited blog post about my thoughts on 2012. I actually thought that I didn't want to do it because well, the year has past and it is time to move on. But since I took my time writing them down, so why not just continue, eh?

As usual, life isn't complete for me if it isn't filled with ups and downs. I never felt so much heavily in debt and I have been trying my best to keep it under control by trying to live within means.  Now I try not to think too much as I am being more careful with my spending. However, this year, I am not trying to be overly calculative while still trying to maintain a healthy bank balance as I believe that as long as you work hard, be smart about money, money will come to you.

Oh, you know how you need friends in your life and then you lose some and you gain some. For me, I don't have a wide social life and I'm more of a family person but my friends know that if they need me around, I am always here. We can always work out the right date and time..LOL. Actually, I meant to say that I rekindled an old friendship with a friend from many many years ago from primary school. Sometimes, we go to the gym together and she likes talking to me and sharing her problems because she said that I'm such a sensible person. The thing about me is that people just love telling me their problems or share their happiness because I do feel for them...their excitement, their disappointment, not because I go through them as well but more because we're just regular people who go through life's ups and downs. I also feel honoured that of all people, they decide to share part of their life stories with me.

Regarding this friend of mine, I would say that she is still the same kind hearted and health conscious person that she has always been. Full of dreams though she feels that she is very limited in resources to be able to achieve her dreams. My advice to her is to keep on dreaming because you will never know if dreams do come true :)

Speaking of dreams, last year I have also realized one of my dreams, and that is to open my very own online shop. I started small and I am hoping to make it even bigger this year. I am very happy that I simply enjoy every single creative moment even to the point of staying up very late to make them if I have to rush through orders. I enjoy buying the materials and because they're not often cheap, I try to scour for good deals online and pay careful attention to sales offered by the brick-and-mortal shops. To me, it is still a work in progress as I continue to seek new product ideas and work on new and better creative designs.

I am also thankful for the support from friends and colleagues. Without them, I almost want to give up. Even if they buy only one notebook from me, I am still thankful for it. Because from that one notebook, I am able to `ost it online on my facebook page, other people can see it and then I may get orders from other people.

Last year, for the first time in my working life, I got promoted! Yay me! I also had the chance to change my scheme which increased my pay further after the promotion. It helped in small ways but personally, I feel that no matter how much money you have, even a Million dollars, you have to be smart in your spending, know what is worth buying, not worth buying and even ways to make money. But if you're like me, who is still a salaried worker, be a smart worker. Stay focus, be on the top of the things, be kind and helpful to your colleagues and listen to your boss. I am still struggling but I am determined to make good of the money I get every month. Plus, I want to be able to use other means to make money to help supplement my current income. Prices have increased and being a sole breadwinner and having an income of below $2K, I have to work extra harder but I am taking it one step at a time.



I make cards..help support me! http://www.facebook.com/mylittlecardshop

Comments

Popular Posts