Skip to main content

Bonus & Study Plans

Hi Hi,

Yes, the case of abandonment of blog. So much work to be done as we're rushing to meet the deadline before they cut off the usage of the system. Every day, a pile of work is waiting for me. I wanna be more carefree at work even though it kinda defeat the purpose of being at work..hehe.

Anyway, it also has to do with how I organize my life which in this case is very disorganized. I think I seriously need to reflect back on my life and see which areas I need to improve to make my life more productive. I have the resources but I don't have the energy to do them. I even sorta abandon my current love of crafting new cards and notebooks simply because I am not motivated at all but I find that I am slowly regaining back that motivation in me.

There are so many things that I want to say but I'll make it into several posts instead. But the first most important thing that I want to mention about is...this Wednesday is Bonus Day! Yes it's not a regular pay day but rather, Bonus Day or Extra Munneh Day..haha.

The best thing about is that this Bonus will be the most amount I have ever received throughout my working life. It's a completely new first digit which I humbly say that I'm proud of because I worked hard for it and managed to get an increment on top of changing my scheme which promises better pay..but uh, it also means that I need to put in more effort in order to sustain my performance grade.

So it's very exciting but the most non exciting part is planning my budget for it because yes, there are bills to pay and loans to return. Sigh. The perils of an adult life. But I learn that it's better to pay off slowly but surely if it's gonna ensure a freedom from debt in the long run. So true but so hard to do.

I guess I shouldn't procrastinate on this but I believe after deducting whatever I need to deduct including allowance to be given to my family which means my mum and my brother, I should still have a healthy balance. So healthy, it hurts!

Sorry, me being corny there.

Oh yes, the thing about this balance is that, I may need to use it to spend on something else and surprise, I actually sent in my application for a part time studies in a diploma offered by several polytechnics which is a form of higher learning institute recognized by the ministries and of which is a popular choice for students here who wish to continue their post secondary institution. This time round, under the collaboration with the Ministry of Education, they are offering several key courses that are work related for professional development with heavily subsidized fees at 70% off.

Of course with me being a single income earner for my family with my mum not working and my brother still pursuing his studies, I need to be careful with my spending and education is not cheap. However, I believe this is the most affordable for me even though with my current qualifications, I can actually go for an even better course than this. But spending on my education is still a big ticket expense for me. The problem is, I can't remain at what I am currently earning and I must somehow move on and earn more so I have to think long term. Nevermind the pinch now, when it's gonna reap more rewards and benefits in the future.

But on top of this, the best thing about pursuing these such courses, I actually will get the reimbursement from the Ministry I am working with which is good because at the end of it, I will end up not paying much in overall. The reimbursement is capped at $4500 I think but every end of the module, I can get a reimbursement of 60% which is really not a bad thing at all. Oh oh, if I successfully complete all 5 modules, I will get a cash award of $1000 which is a sweet SWEET deal. Imagine getting rewarded for your studies..ha!

So yah, I try to think of the benefits more than the money I have to fork out now from my bonus which mean less spending with my bonus. Then again I don't really spend much except maybe getting the usual such as clothes, shoes and bags...typical 'girl' stuffs and oh, some craft related stuffs. There's also dinner with friends, in this case, twice in the same month. While I have to be extra careful with my spending, it's ok because I guess the sacrifice will be worth it at the end of it all.

Okay, more updates later including a make up haul. It is indeed a haul coming from someone who is trying her best to cut down on make up expenses.


I make cards..help support me! http://www.facebook.com/mylittlecardshop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...