Beauty Fix

Wow, Im really making use of the four days of extended public holidays slacking away instead of taking it in stride by making full use of them. I think I need a life coach. But I guess I'll do fine later with some last minute cleaning up at night coz it's just so freaking hot outside right now that Im practically better off with a fan blowing at my face than facing the dust and mess in my room.

Anyway, apart from enjoying the extended hols, I am also making other improvements in my life like trying to get into a fixed beauty regime though there are lapses in between. As I am approaching the age of thirty very soon, it doesn't hurt to take extra precautions because being a lady of a certain age, it will almost be an insult to add years to my age. I don't want to boast that Im..well..still in my twenties but you know, my confidence level isn't sky high.

So while my exercise regime has been on track for a few months already and going without it is like taking fresh air away from me, I am glad to say that I have been making an improvement at least in my beauty regime. Based on influence from close friends, who don't take beauty regimes face down (except when they put on face masks), Im getting the hang of it. I have to be honest here that using the facial scrub on alternate days does make a difference on how I look. My face doesn't really look as gloomy as the dark skies. Well, I am still working on finding the right beauty product to restore its radiance but heck, Im still happy about it. Keeping my face well moisturized too helps and despite using these two additional products, I find it rather overwhelming but who says maintaining your youthful looks is no hard work.

Im also trying to religiously slab on moisturizing lotion for my legs which bear the battle scars of eczema. They're not as visible as before but I long to have scar free legs like the time when I completely 'erased' them by moisturizing them daily for two whole months. Im just a slow healer, so sue me.

To me, I don't have to indulge in expensive beauty products though they do provide visible results fast and many have long lasting effects. I earn peanuts so I have to make do with those off the counter beauty products though I just have to learn to select carefully and read the reviews from other people who have used them before.

And to supplement my predicted higher expenses, I have started a mini savings. Im already on track with my current attempt to save even if I have to admit it's pretty damn hard but like I said, we are talking a pretty long term investment. Still, if they don't reward me with the performance bonus like every year, you can say Im pretty much doomed. I hope they are not that cruel. Oh, the mini savings work in a way I can actually use this money instead of waiting until almost the end of the year which is like a self inflicted torture. I received ang pao money from a young married male teacher (now now..Im very the innocent..he's just being nice) and though it isn't much, it does help to kick start this brain wave of mine to start the mini savings.

I actually don't know what I want to get but maybe I will get a Za foundation refill. I just hope that I don't fall into a trap where I have collected enough money and decided against using it. I'll be damned I tell ya! It will reiterate the fact that Im such a scrooge.

Oh check out this pic of me and my two buddies on a recent DIY Spa Retreat at a friend's home. It was lotsa fun :)) but I still think the best part is of course, eating in the company of good friends especially when the food was lovingly made by each one of us.

And now if only I can remember to moisturize my face at night because I read your skin renews itself and with the aid of a good moisturizer, it will does wonders to your complexion.

Haiz, it's so hard being a woman.




post signature

Comments

Popular Posts