Enriching my Soul

My internet at home was down for several days over the last weekend..and even when there was signs of life, it was seriously lagging. Anyway, it took me awhile to figure out that most people were on long weekend hols! Duh! Yup, I can be slow at times.


So when the internet got better later about two days later, I was busy catching on soap opera drama mamas coz apparently there were new stuffs to watch and my favourite soap drama had some critical moments which I was glad they showed on my freaking birthday! whoohoo!


Anyway, speaking of which, I had my birthday last week :) I wouldnt say it was some hardcore fantastic day to celebrate but in an age, where things can turn out unexpected, health can go on a decline and other sad stuffs thats happening around us on a personal or world level, I see it as a year of new opportunities and feeding of soul. Sometimes, we forget that we are not living for ourselves only but for others.


Im guilty of this all the time. I thought I was capable of handling my family matters but truth be told, I am not. I feel like I am incapable of being a sister, a daughter and even as a colleague. Half the time Im living in my own virtual space.


I think those who keep themselves occupied with many worthwhile activities and who have many friends who care for them and to share the love and joy with are so lucky. I know that the only person who can motivate myself to..well...move my butt...and do something about my life is basically just myself. There are people who have gone down really bad have risen to the occasion and make better of their lives. I want to be in their shoes but whats the point of talking only but no action done.


But everything begins with small baby steps. Like come on, if I could give up those sinful plates of oh so good but oh so clogging-my-arteries food, I dont see why I cant try to make other kinds of improvements to my life that will enrich my soul. Sometimes, the journey can be incredibly boring especially when you are on the journey alone but at the end of the day, it will be a worthwhile journey.

I was watching this movie made in 1997 and even though there were flaws in the movie, I still enjoyed it coz maybe Im a sucker for happy endings. It's a sad fact that some people live a life of lies just to be accepted by the majority but over time, the lies are slowly eating them up and it takes a good wake up call for them to realise that they have to stop lying even if the risks are bigger and you may lose friends in between. But during such realisation, you will eventually learn who are your true friends and they have nothing but care and concern for you during difficult times.

Even though I cant really relate to the lead character, I just like to see how there are things to ponder about at the end of the movie like in this case, he had to do something that was difficult for him at first but eventually brought him closer to happiness. It's this sense of satisfaction that is derived after a long and difficult journey that was made easier with the support of his friends.

So in other words, there are times when we are faced with adversities and I know how it is like because I've been through them many times. But it's really up to us to decide how we are going to go about carrying out this journey.

Therefore, birthdays are not just about cutting the cake and having presents or a big party. It's about self realisation on what we can do for ourselves and for others.

Anyway I still appreciate all the birthday wishes and the presents I received from my colleagues and a friend of mine. Thank u all..


post signature

Comments

Popular Posts