Little Critter

I know that this is gonna be laughable but I just added stingrays as one of the animals that I fear most. Not fear as in I fear that the animal is gonna eat me up but fear of the undescribable sort that sets of the squeamish trigger in me. I had the priviledge of going to the Underwater World at Sentosa after THE LONGEST TIME and it was a fun experience...after getting a mini shock and getting myself wet after I took my arm out in a hurry when a tiny fish (smaller than a size of my pinkie) accidentally bumped into my arm while swimming. And then I went to another touch pool where a few of very friendly stingrays who were having the time of their lives scaring the heck out of children by swimming and flapping at the edge of the pool. They were so friendly that one of the visitors actually could lift one out though still half submerged inside the pool and the animal didnt even struggle. While taking a pic, her friend was jokingly saying that she cant take it home.

I seriously did not know why am I so scared of these cute creatures swimming and minding their own business in the pool. Maybe coz I fear of one of my fingers will get bitten off? Or maybe coz they are so frickin' slimy? Nobody knows...

But then, come to think of it, I kinda regret not touching those little critters. But narh, just thinking of it sends little shivers down my spine.

Come to think of it, how many things in life that we have a fear of doing without knowing what it really is going to be like? We are afraid of leaving our comfort zone because we do not what is there for us and whether we are able to survive through it all. To me, life does not follow a set of rules and regulations. There are stretches of road that lead to one adventure to another. It's just a matter of whether we want to go or stay where we are. Surely there will be times where we turn to a wrong direction but it does not mean that it is the end of the road for us.

Touching that little critter could be one heck of an adventure. How often can you pat the head of a stingray? I meant a live one..not the one u see at the market. Oh well..

post signature

Comments

Popular Posts