Start of December, BTS Pop Up Store & Many Plans Ahead





Every December I will have minor plans, mainly shopping but this year will be different because I need to save more money. And as in my last post, I don't get additional bonus on top of the 13th month bonus so there is no way I can be careless but to be more prudent. But this month, we will receive $100 Re-discovery vouchers that will help us to subsidise some fees off local attractions and hotel stays. Can't travel yet? Be a tourist in your country! In a way, this is also helping our economy to slowly recover because the travel industry will not be recovering anytime soon so we don't have tourists coming in to bring in the revenue.

One of the earlier plans we had was the BTS pop up store. It was free but we need to book in advance and they are only opened for booking on Wednesday, i think? We missed the first round so we had to book for the following week. Anyway, I looked at the prices of the merchandise online and my goodness, so expensive.

I used to listen to a lot of K Pop in the music alongside Latin music though I still lean towards the latter. I think it's just me being influenced by workout routines that I used to do before the pandemic. This year, my workout routines changed so I don't really listen much nowadays. The only music that is satisfying during workouts is the 3 second beep at the end of each exercise, lol.

So anyway, BTS is an internationally recognised group of seven young male artistes, whose concerts are always sold out, wherever they perform. That is how big they are and their fans comprised of the really young and the really old. They're immensely talented and hard at work too but what one of the most things that I appreciate about them is how they get along with one another so well, even after 7 years together. And the music they make get better each time, including every live performance. They always bring something different to each one, even if they sing and dance to the same song. Oh and I also appreciated how they have so far been scandal free most of the time, but I don't know if it was due to their strict management or their strong discipline to not get into trouble. 

If I think they were unhappy, maybe they don't show? But so far, in the videos where they are doing their own shows together and are being filmed, their camaraderie is really strong. They didn't look like they were hating on each other. Whether they are putting on an act, I wouldn't know but I don't think you can't fake the close friendship they have. 

So the BTS pop up store was pretty small and we could not take many instagram worthy pics. There is a video music wall where they will play their past and present music videos. It was a far cry from the pop up store in Seoul that is much larger. But they still achieve their main objective which is to make us spend money on their merchandise, lol. Don't get me wrong, buying their merchandise is also a way to support them as long as they are the official merch, but I don't think we should go overboard. Probably the younger fans who are more enthusiastic but for us working adults, priorities like bills take precedence, haha. My support for them is to listen to their music through online streaming such as on Spotify. We are also worlds apart in terms of wealth. They are already filthy rich and I am a barely scrapping working peasant, haha.





I didn't want to leave empty handed even though they gave a door gift. I bought a pencil case and a sticker pack and that set me back by $40. I never bought a pencil case of $25...*sweats*. I begged my brother to  pay half, hehe. At least the pencil case is functional and can store quite a lot of my pens so pretty ok. I can use stickers to decorate my journal or spice up my small items. 

Oh ya, one more thing to share is that I am pretty proud of how far I have come, in terms of my fitness journey. I finally left that weight range after more than a year but it's really at a point where I can quickly go back up again. But it's still an achievement, alright. I just think non scale victory is as important as well like I wore this blouse and it had always been little snug at the lower abs. But after many intense lower abs workouts, which I dislike though I know they do work and are beneficial, the blouse hang loose a little over that belly area. There's space, now..Yay.




So in my vain moment, I asked my brother to take a pic of my side profile. I also had been doing leg and butt exercises even though I often skip that workout video previously coz I don't think I wanna make my butt any bigger. However, I liked how they looked more smaller yet more defined instead of just one rounded big unshaped mess, lol. It's not perfect but a little progress is quite an achievement. I look like a frumpy auntie overall but who cares. 

Again, I still have a long way to go but I do wish to end of 2020 being fitter and healthier. And hopefully, in a new weight range that I will still work hard to shed the extra kilos in 2021. I like how when you feel fitter and healthier, it also help you to boost self confidence and make you also feel that all the sweat and hard work following the fitness plans and eating plans are not for nothing. 

Let us push harder this month to end off 2020 on a good note, at least on a personal level. But let's not forget to give ourselves a good rest as well and if you're a Singaporean, do make use of the Re-discover vouchers. Anyway, you can't convert to cash so might as well utilise them ;p


Comments

Popular Posts