Being More Consistent in Life & Cleansing Our Heart

Hi there




Thank you for being here, lol. I don't know if people still read blogs but if you are here reading my humble blog, once again thanks! I just can't let go of this blog after so many years and then I just want to continue writing here, even if it's just once a week. So it is somewhat like a weekly blog.

I have been following up a Master Consistency class and there are 20 parts to it. The one I am following the class from, she's not a qualified life coach, but she has amassed so much knowledge as she is an avid reader and based on her personal experiences which she found helpful to share so we can all benefit. I am not done with the classes yet as it is still on-going and even though each module is in bite sized pieces, it is pretty extensive and you can learn quite a lot from it.

Anyway, I deal with inconsistency all the time but I think that most of us are quite like that too. Or maybe it's just me, haha. I know that there are people who follow a certain routine every day because they like to feel organised where everything falls into place nicely as planned. Of course there may hiccups here and there but generally, they are able to stick to one.

But I try to plan and follow my to do lists in my planner. I'm not super obsessed with my planner, except maybe paste stickers weekly, but it gives me a guide as to what I am supposed to do. Over the years, I have improved a lot. Even if there are some things that I may or may not write, like exercising, because it's like clockwork already, hitting at least 3 times per week. But now I update what day of the programme I am doing so that I don't end up doing the same day again, and I would hate that, lol.

So yes, people falter like I am supposed to consistently follow up each module every morning after I have showered but uhh, I didn't. There's some delay but today I tried to catch up on the latest modules, like bingeing on them within half an hour.

I have yet to write down fully the key points but there were some takeaways that I took note mentally. For example, you need to show up everyday even if the tasks at hand can be boring. Recently, learning Spanish got difficult for me even though I tried to follow everyday since last year. The reminders from the app were annoying and would keep coming until I practised a lesson or two. So that was how I got consistent.

But then, I started to ignore the reminders and soon, I got demoted to silver after a long time being on the gold list. I didn't see the point. I didn't have the motivation. But through this module, I learnt that the first thing I should do is to have an identity based approach. Meaning, if you are struggling to read every day, when you identify yourself as a reader, you would want to read a few pages here and there every day. I don't know how to identify with learning Spanish, maybe see myself as a linguist? haha..but it kinda worked. 

Another approach is to renew my intentions. Why do I wanna learn Spanish? I just want to have able to master a third language, and Spanish is somewhat similar to English so the transition is easier but of course, I still need to put in the time and practice. Similar but there's some confusion in the grammar, like some are the opposite of the English language sentence construction, which irked me because I have to think a little longer before forming the sentence.

So now as a 'linguist'..heh, I wanna put in more effort going beyond just sentence constructions but podcast but your girl is lazy. So I hope through these modules I can see a ray of light at the end of the masterclass where learning become easy peasy because I have it in me already to wanna develop my skills. It's not an overnight learning curve, but rather, to master it I will need time and constant practice.

Another thing that I have also not been consistent with is my nightly facial routine. My skin is no longer young but I totally admire those who are in their 40s but barely looked over 30s. Strong genes there but also I know they take very good care of their skin. Never mind about putting lesser make up over the years, because we are not in our hey days anymore such as being in the 20s where you just want to be vain and pretty.

Ok I still wanna be vain and be high maintenance but more towards letting my skin breathe and be healthier. I hate having angry pimple appearing on  my faces because they tend to leave ugly scars that take months to recover and I have one now..argh. Let this be a lesson to me. When I got my bonus last Saturday, I spent over $100 on facial products. I bought the Origins mask pack and there are two types inside. I am excited to use the black charcoal mask to absorb the impurities in my face. 

Again it used to be like clockwork for me to use mask on my face twice a week and it has been months now ever since I put on one. Where is this consistency? Sigh. I hope to restart this again with better and more effective products.  Maybe because the one I used previously, didn't have much of an effect and without seeing results, it made me lazy. In this case, I wanna identify myself as a person with good skin and I need to do the necessary in order to keep it this way.

Another thing that I wanna do more of is to cleanse my heart. You know how we have a tendency to complain and worry over the most trivial thing, and then there are just some things that we just can't let go of such as past incidents that make us cringe whenever we think about it. It's high time that we start to let go of them and cleanse our hearts. 

We can complain less, think well of the people around us, even if they can be a little bit frustrating to handle, but perhaps by putting ourselves in their shoes, we can show more empathy. It's easy for us to make quick judgments without knowing the full story and then we get frustrated and have a bad impression of the said person. 

So the world is full of people with different attitudes and mindsets. Best is if we stay away from them,  lest we get too bothered with their antics. But sometimes, we can't avoid it totally. It's ok. We just learn to forgive, don't keep it to heart, wish them all the best and then we move on. Eventually, time will be kinder to our hearts and make the unpleasant incidents a thing of the past. If the person is already nasty or they're salty, maybe due to bad experiences in life that paint other people in negative light, it will be very hard to convince them so don't waste too much energy on them.

We just focus on ourselves and be better than them. I know we can. Spend more 'me time' by doing things that we enjoy by ourselves such as reading or watching our favourite dramas. Forget about those negativity or the hustle and bustle of life within that period of time.

We can do a 'detox' of our mind, body and soul by nourishing them with all the positive vibes and affirmations. Exercising can be tough but once you get into the grooves, the minute it is all over after a heavy sweat session, all the endorphins will be released and you just feel so good, especially after conquering all the difficult moves that you loathed to do because it's tough.

2020 is coming to an end very soon. But let's start by being grateful for each single day that is gifted to us to be better than we were yesterday.


Comments

Popular Posts