Eating Ice Cream & Enjoying Life




One of the things that I enjoy in life is eating ice cream like the picture you see above. I know it's sweet and all but I particularly liked dark and rich chocolate flavour and is willing to pay $5 for it, coming from someone who is calculative over money, lol.  It tastes so good and I typically eat it, not all the time, but usually when I get stressed out by life in general. Somehow within that short period of time, I forget about the stress I'm having from various factors. Working out can also help me to forget temporarily but I dunno, I feel even more stressed when I have to carry out moves which are kinda torturous for me.

Every person handles stress differently. My mind tend to calm down a bit as I self reflect and think about what was the big fuss all about especially when I'm stressing out over things that aren't even a big deal in the first place. So eating the ice cream can help to build my spirit up a little, especially when things get a little mundane or hectic and you just want to take a break from it. At that point of time too, I don't really care about sugar because it's not an everyday thing.

There are times that I feel lost and if you read my blog, I often write about it. Even people whom you think are so put together, given that they dish out life advices to people often as part of their job, do not alway have their spirits up. Because we're just human. It helps to be kind to ourselves, like eating ice cream, and telling ourselves that if life sometimes throw us a curveball or didn't go as planned, it's ok. It's natural to feel disappointed, angry but we don't dwell on it too long that everything comes to a standstill and we are unable to move on for a long time. The heart will heal and we can restart, make new plans or set new intentions. We do our best and trust in the plans life has for us.

After that, when the feelings of being lost creep up on me, I usually write down a to do list by collating the tasks that I need to get done and focus on striking each item one by one. So it doesn't give me an opportunity to feel down or lost as I plan my time to do something that will benefit me while distracting me from my negative feelings.

By doing that too, it helps me to be grounded. Also to count my blessings because at this point of time, I feel that I have been in a very good state financially and health wise. Honestly, I don't know for how long because life can sometimes throw us a curveball but until then, I should stay humble and grateful.

Speaking of writing to do lists, if you haven't been planning in life and just go with the flow, I find that it helps our overall mental well being. I get stressed out easily if I don't do certain things or leave it to the last minute and then I don't have enough to rectify the mistakes, I get really disappointed with myself. So as much as possible, I try to plan though just like life itself, it's not perfect but it gets most things done. 

One of the things that I plan is my workout. The point is to get strong and healthy to keep sickness at bay as much as possible so that we can enjoy life in a good physical and mental state.

While I try to purchase lesser things in life, I think it's still fine if I get another mascara even if I already have one but it doesn't perform as well as I want it to be. Yesterday, I was thinking and thinking so much about it and then it kinda sickened me in my thoughts why I am spending so much time and brain power on whether to buy the mascara on a discounted price. This brand worked well on me in the past and I bought it several times coz it was so good.

It was simply a first world problem at that point of time.

Some stresses in life are brought upon us by ourselves. Poor planning of time, that made us missed the last entry to the Madame Tussaud museum las Saturday. Luckily, the ticket was until end of the year so we would try harder the next time to be earlier. But it was a wasted trip and we were disappointed, and particularly so with myself because prior to this, I took multiple trips to run errands.

Poor management of finances from my past experience that made me nearly broke every month until I decided to take better control of it this year. Of course it's not easy and I still mess up a bit and I have to learn it the hard way by putting more back to savings when payday come around.

Life is meant to be enjoyed as well for as long as we keep grounded and know our limits. So if we falter, we can try again. We work hard and still find time pursuing interests in life or spend some quiet time with our loved ones. Sometimes I get motivated by how some people lead their lives. They can be hustling to gain customers or to earn sales and then enjoying life the next moment with a good meal treat at their favourite restaurant or hanging out with their friends and family on their off day to some places of interest.

It's still a work in progress to learn to strike a balance between work and pleasure. It's ok if things don't work as planned. It's ok to buy that thing if we want so bad and we know that we definitely will use it and it's within our budget. It's also ok to eat that ice cream as a reward for working out the day before or when we just need a quiet moment to ourselves after some stressful times. 

Everything is going to be alright.


Comments

Popular Posts