Happy July! Mid Year Check-in With Goals

Time flies past so quickly and now we have reached the 2nd week of July. I think it is time for me to reanalyse my goals or to create new ones. Life is about living, being inspired but at times, we also give in too much to laziness as an excuse to being tired. We still have to get up and do it, make the day worthwhile and also be grateful for what we have. Because often, we focus on things we wish we have that it kinds of make us feel rather miserable because we felt that we are just cruising through life aimlessly.

There were a few things going on last week already and it was only the start of July. My mum had a health scare after a meal of lontong and cold drinks. Lontong is a coconut milk thickened spicy soup with rice cakes and veggies. It is a popuar dish but for me, I avoid food that contains coconut milk. Over the years, you just learn to live without food that is not good for you in the long term.

Anyway about my mum, she suddenly complained about breathlessness and started panicking though she could still breathe, just was having chest pains. It was pretty dramatic because she kept saying she was going to die repeatedly but on the other hand, I was trying to be calm, let her drink water and then sleep more comfortably in the sofa bed with both fans facing her to cool her down. My aunt, however, called at the wrong time and started to also panic and thinking that I was taking this lightly. Of course I do not but she can say whatever she wanted though.

She turned up at night because she was very worried and my mum was actually getting better but she kept talking and talking after persuading my mum to go to hospital, but it didn’t happen. She started to comment few times about the state of our house because it was not exactly clean though she mentioned a few times she didn’t care. But apparently she ‘cared’ a lot.

Then funny enough, the following day she messaged me saying she fell ill with diarrhoea and then the day after, high fever. My mum got better but still not in good physical state which was normal for someone who just started to recover. My aunt is a typical attention seeker and when she seeked treatment in A&E (Because must show example to my mum, she sick she go hospital), and while pending admission into normal ward, gave her bed number in the emergency ward. Obviously this meant she wanted my mum to show up for moral support or whatever. 

She didn’t say she wanted her to go but later that afternoon when I accompanied my mum, she said again and I was like *rolls eyes* she was on the way already.

Apparently other people I know had their family members who fell ill as well but in other forms of illnesses. My colleague’s husband fell ill twice within days because his kidney stones were acting up. Last I heard, the doctor only recommended meds to flush out the stones as they were tiny. Tiny but mighty coz I heard too they could cause extreme discomfort.

All these health scares made me realise how important health is. I honestly am not the best when it comes to my own  health needs but I do what I can to keep healthy. None of those fad diets though I know some really work. I want to do this for a long time, not just to get the results I want. It takes commitment, hunger moments like when I don’t eat between 8 to 12pm and then 2 to 6.30pm on weekdays..wah so challenging, hehe. Our body constantly crave for food and when we feel full at one point, two hours later hunger strikes again. One tip is to just trick my brain into thinking that it is full by drinking more fluid instead of snacks.

So if you want to refresh your goals like mine, let’s make our health as one of them. For example, if you have not been exercising, joining a fitness class can be fun and in Singapore there are many free fitness classes that you can join after work or on weekends. For that one hour, you get to move your body and improve the blood circulation which then  leads to a healthier heart and other vital organs. Don’t just think about exercising to want to look physically good only. It goes beyond that.

And learn new skills too even if it is just for fun, to occupy time or even make money in future with the newfound skills. I am learning Spanish and at first it was daunting (still is, who am I kidding, lol..) but it is a great moral booster and makes life more inspiring and meaningful. I hope to reach fluency by end of the year so I will no longer be bilingual, haha.

Happy JULY!!!

Comments

Popular Posts