Light to Night Festival 2019




This is a free festival by the National Gallery Singapore around the City Hall area which you should go. I went for both events which was the Singapore Art Week and the SG Bicentennial of which the latter is currently on-going. Honestly, the Art Week one was more happening but I think some of the exhibits along the pavement are still around and they're totally instagram worthy.


For now if you go, you will get to see projections on the facades of the National Gallery in the theme of SG Bicentennial. 



I think the highlight was the one Kumar, a local and famous comedian and cross dresser, did his 45 minute stand up comedy routine and there were so many laugh out loud moments literally every few seconds, haha. He was that good. All this mostly based on his interactions and observations in Singapore. Of course he poked fun at the different nationalities besides just Singaporeans and earlier at one point, I felt I was also targeted for being that 38 year single woman, haha. No, it's not because I am picky...or am I? haha..

For the SG Bicentennial, the Friday show at 10.00 featured Hirzi, another local youtuber, writer and director, who was also funny and did a comedy roast of the founding fathers of Singapore. His jokes on Sir Stamford Raffles, who got roasted the most, were funny but true though. I strangely agreed what he had to say about it such as giving credit to those people who came to explore before him but yet Stamford Raffles got the honour of being the founder.

For the food, I enjoyed having the Meatball in a Bucket, where they put in meatballs with some mashed potato and fries in a small plastic bucket, all for $10.

For the SAW, these were found along the the various spots of the City Hall area.

Enjoy the pics below!









This was not part of the festival, obviously lols, but I remembered taking a picture here as well around 2010 I think and that was so long ago. I wanted to recreate the look but was not brave enough to do the 'point to something' look. I thought this was well taken and something like an OOTD, haha.

Comments

Popular Posts