Skip to main content

Our Experience at the Prudential Marina Bay Carnival 2018

Last week, we rounded up our Marina Bay Carnival 2018 with the games, which we sucked at by the way. Honestly it was annoying how we throw money away like that, haha. We had enough rides..or rather had enough with rides, gosh that Viking ride made me broke out in sweat. I still don't understand how people can do an IG story/selfie/wefie while they were on that Viking ride that swing like a damn pendulum.

Anyway, we started off with the Euro Ride which was fun but alas, too brief. I think there were like two points that plunged down when we reached the top and then we were back to square one. It would have been better if we went at least two rounds but oh well. Now the Viking, that felt like forever, haha.

I told myself not to scream and though I didn't give out a girly scream, it was more of an exhilirating scream while looking at the guy sitting opposite, with a face who couldn't care less. I was thinking, don't you feel anything? The various reactions on the ride.

I was saying I broke out in cold sweat and suddenly I felt soooo hungry and thirsty and since I didn't carry any water bottle, had to visit the food booths to get a bottle of water. After that I felt tired and didn't feel too good but I still could stand on both feet and walk. Somehow the ride on The Viking zapped my energy level. 

There was another section to the Carnival along the Marina Bay as well but it was quite a walk. We took a break for awhile sitting down at an empty bench surrounded by crowds of people who were visiting the i Light Festival. But we didn't take long because time was running out and we went to another ride.

Now this one was quite funny. Apparently the assistants had problems trying to bring the bar down to secure the lock because well, my brother and I were not exactly small sized. But after delaying the rest, somehow they managed to secure it though I had my doubts. Thank God nothing happened while we were up there hovering in the sky. After our previous ride, this was pretty mild although I couldn't look down because I was already not feeling too good. But I did enjoy the view from up there even though we were swinging around. 

My brother was quite funny. He had these mild panic attacks while on the rides and I had to calm him down. Of course he was in denial when he came down but clearly, halfway through he started feeling scared and wanted it all to end. Trust me, I wanted to as well. Somehow being on the ground felt more safe. Yet I still managed to get it together.

We were already feeling so tired and hungry so we had to postpone the carnival games until two weeks later which would actually be the second last day before its closure. Believe it or not, I felt asleep at the McDonald's while waiting for my brother to collect our food. He was embarrassed but I couldn't open my eyes, it was that bad. Luckily I had a roll of banana bread that we shared. I was beginning to think that I would faint any time. Oh dear.

For our second visit ( or third, if you counted the day we just went to check out the place), I know we sucked at games but we didn't know we really sucked at it, haha. But we had to finish off the credits so no choice, we had to put on our lousy game faces. Anyway, even though we would only stand to win soft toys, though some were really huge if you were really lucky, I think it was more about winning that matters, not the soft toy. Unfortunately, we didn't experience that.

Each of us spent $40 each with most rides about $10 to $12 each. But admission was free. I wasn't hoping that they would bring it back and if you want to experience such rides, we still have our Universal Studios in which if you do the Math, it would be a lot cheaper. But unlike the Universal Studios, this don't come often. I think that the Marina Bay Carnival was the first one of its kind? Not sure. They were smaller scales one though.

So enjoy the pictures below. Of course that wasn't one with us in the ride itself. We were too busy panicking and probably screaming our heads off.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...