Our Experience at the Prudential Marina Bay Carnival 2018

Last week, we rounded up our Marina Bay Carnival 2018 with the games, which we sucked at by the way. Honestly it was annoying how we throw money away like that, haha. We had enough rides..or rather had enough with rides, gosh that Viking ride made me broke out in sweat. I still don't understand how people can do an IG story/selfie/wefie while they were on that Viking ride that swing like a damn pendulum.

Anyway, we started off with the Euro Ride which was fun but alas, too brief. I think there were like two points that plunged down when we reached the top and then we were back to square one. It would have been better if we went at least two rounds but oh well. Now the Viking, that felt like forever, haha.

I told myself not to scream and though I didn't give out a girly scream, it was more of an exhilirating scream while looking at the guy sitting opposite, with a face who couldn't care less. I was thinking, don't you feel anything? The various reactions on the ride.

I was saying I broke out in cold sweat and suddenly I felt soooo hungry and thirsty and since I didn't carry any water bottle, had to visit the food booths to get a bottle of water. After that I felt tired and didn't feel too good but I still could stand on both feet and walk. Somehow the ride on The Viking zapped my energy level. 

There was another section to the Carnival along the Marina Bay as well but it was quite a walk. We took a break for awhile sitting down at an empty bench surrounded by crowds of people who were visiting the i Light Festival. But we didn't take long because time was running out and we went to another ride.

Now this one was quite funny. Apparently the assistants had problems trying to bring the bar down to secure the lock because well, my brother and I were not exactly small sized. But after delaying the rest, somehow they managed to secure it though I had my doubts. Thank God nothing happened while we were up there hovering in the sky. After our previous ride, this was pretty mild although I couldn't look down because I was already not feeling too good. But I did enjoy the view from up there even though we were swinging around. 

My brother was quite funny. He had these mild panic attacks while on the rides and I had to calm him down. Of course he was in denial when he came down but clearly, halfway through he started feeling scared and wanted it all to end. Trust me, I wanted to as well. Somehow being on the ground felt more safe. Yet I still managed to get it together.

We were already feeling so tired and hungry so we had to postpone the carnival games until two weeks later which would actually be the second last day before its closure. Believe it or not, I felt asleep at the McDonald's while waiting for my brother to collect our food. He was embarrassed but I couldn't open my eyes, it was that bad. Luckily I had a roll of banana bread that we shared. I was beginning to think that I would faint any time. Oh dear.

For our second visit ( or third, if you counted the day we just went to check out the place), I know we sucked at games but we didn't know we really sucked at it, haha. But we had to finish off the credits so no choice, we had to put on our lousy game faces. Anyway, even though we would only stand to win soft toys, though some were really huge if you were really lucky, I think it was more about winning that matters, not the soft toy. Unfortunately, we didn't experience that.

Each of us spent $40 each with most rides about $10 to $12 each. But admission was free. I wasn't hoping that they would bring it back and if you want to experience such rides, we still have our Universal Studios in which if you do the Math, it would be a lot cheaper. But unlike the Universal Studios, this don't come often. I think that the Marina Bay Carnival was the first one of its kind? Not sure. They were smaller scales one though.

So enjoy the pictures below. Of course that wasn't one with us in the ride itself. We were too busy panicking and probably screaming our heads off.









Comments

Popular Posts