Getting Over Fever, Fitness Update & Happy December!!

Can you believe it, that we are now in the very last month of 2017?!!! What have you achieved so far? This year, I got a new posting and into fitness now ever since I found out from my friend about these free fitness classes by HPB in collaboration with various organisations. While time is an issue for me since I end work at 6pm, I'm glad that at the very least, there are at least 2 places that I can go nearby my workplace and be there on time. The furthest I go to is the Plaza Singapura at Dhoby Ghaut and even though I enjoy the work out there because I sweat like there's no tomorrow, the popularity of it is getting overwhelming. So much so, since I can only reach there almost to the starting time, the space is getting more squeezy and then there are those annoying people who just need so much space to do *rolls eyes* So that is a bummer for me, at least recently. 

Anyway, while I feel that I still need to do something about my choice of food at times, lol..I enjoy these fitness classes because it makes me in control of my health. 

Speaking of health, last week I was so sick with fever and headache. I didn't have fever for a long time ever since last year in July when I came back from a ferry trip from Pulau Tekong after sending my brother off for his National Service. It was bad. I shall not compare because both were equally bad but for this one, it was coupled with headache that was so annoying to a point, I even thought I had brain cancer.

Yes, I am so drama. I didn't think so but well, it didn't hurt (pun intended) to google about it. And one of the questions was about how long can one live once diagnosed with brain cancer. The answer wasn't direct and instead, asked to go on to the next question. After reading the symptoms, clearly I didn't have one. 

But I know once you have cancer, it's almost like a death sentence. There's little chance of survival and hearing how many months we have left, put things to perspective. If one has been living life to the fullest or at least feel satisfied of the quality of life they have been living prior to this, the precious times they have left, they mostly spend it with good friends and family. All this while dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy, surgery and medication that can make life so dreadful that it's really hard to live life to the fullest each day, with what little time you have.

Even though there are survivors, life changes drastically but basically, life still goes on. People start looking at the bigger picture and what life has to offer to them instead of just being focused on what they can't do or can't have. Because every minute and every second matters especially when they have been given this second chance of life that may just be taken from them anytime should the cancer strikes back again after being in remission. 

I wrote about how November has been pretty dreary for me at to cap it off with fever, like oh my gosh. This week, wasn't so bad actually. I attended a two day course for work which was quite fun, not what I expected. I didn't do any fitness classes last week including spending time at the gym as I was so sick. And then this week, I restarted it again and the first class was the Strong by Zumba. I felt like I was knocked out several times but I managed to last, lol. I still made money even though I was sick. 

I temporarily closed my online shop but when I was feeling a little better, I managed to still make some things even though I got quite frustrated because my fingers got too shaky, from the fever and meds. While I would love to close a little longer, I feel that I shouldn't get too carried away. I have been so motivated by some local young entrepreneurs how they move from point A to point B and point C and I'm thinking how they can juggle different things. Yet, they still have a life. 

I feel so small as compared to them and the way I handled my online business last month was pretty bad. But I wrote down what I want to achieve and it helped me to re-focus. I need to improve a little on my time management such as it would be great for me to start the ball rolling with working on an order before I sleep so that I don't have to rush when I wake up. I still struggle with that because that time prior to bed is really my most unproductive, haha. I can't force myself to do something that I don't have the mood for.

Anyway, I'm feeling better and that same week when I started with high fever, I managed to go to Sentosa for the Pop Up Lights, coming up in my next post. 

Thanks for staying with me until this end! Some pictures just for the sake of it. I 'stole' these pictures again from Facebook. Me at Zumba session last Thursday and the wind was so strong and I think I struggled with getting the hair out of my face than in following the moves.

The second picture showed me in action. Like expert like that, lol. Looking forward to two more sessions of these because it's a wrap for the year. I couldn't go for the very last session because I have a Christmas dinner and gift exchange with my bestest buddy :)

Okay, I go now. Bye!




Comments

Popular Posts