Skip to main content

Our Hopes & Dreams...and Our Future

When we were in our twenties, we were stumbling around learning and getting used to working life. At the same time too, we also enjoyed life in our youth discovering new things, love and friendship. We also see the uglier side of people and that the world isn't as rosy as we think it is. 

These things make us think and make us grow up, being in situations that are both desirable and undesirable, and making adult decisions that well, not all we fancy. Many of us care less about the future, just want to enjoy the moment while we still can. Then as we get older, bear more responsibilities towards other people and not just towards ourselves, we become stronger. Yes we are still human and we still make mistakes but we are ever more cautious now as we start to think ahead about our future and what we can do now to ensure we have a better future. 

I mean if we have grown up leading a life that isn't all that easy, what we want is just to be able to have it easier and not having to go through hell again. We want to have a more comfortable life and we now know even more what sacrifices mean and what working hard mean too. They say that life begins when we are out of our comfort zone. Look, I went out of my comfort zone when I decided to further my studies and followed by changing a job which I don't find fault with. It's just that I want to see what else that I can do. 

Everyone of us has a different opinion on how we want our future to be like. Some just want to have a nice home to live in, have a family, migrate overseas and so on. For me, I don't ask for much. I just want to have a comfortable life and not having to worry about money all the time because I have enough savings to back up. I want to resume my studies again and I know how much 'suffering' it brings having gone through the process for like 2 and a half years. But it's not all done in vain you see.

If I don't venture out and learn new things, I would probably not have a window seat like below, lol.



Why this sudden write up is because of the things we talked about when I met my friends. We've all come a long way, going through the ups and downs life, staying strong for the sake of the family and finding our own happiness in the midst of chaos. Yet we remain supportive of one another and at the same time, worried as well over whether the other person is making the right decision after all. But in anything else, we are all adults. Nobody can predict the future but nobody should stay idle too, you know.

So we organised a small gathering for a friend's son, that in a blink of an eye, is turning 3. This was a far cry from when we found out about her pregnancy which completely shocked us but we had come to accept and give our support because it's not all bed of roses.

Here I am sharing some of our pictures and I loved hanging out with my friend coz she's such a goofball and a sweetie all rolled into one, haha. We also loved how happy the little boy was too with the water play, cakes and food that was cooked with love.

So how do you plan for your future?









follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...