Skip to main content

No Matter How Different We Are, I am Terrified to Lose You

Please forgive the emo title. Yesterday, the Malec fans from the Shadowhunters, went through an emotional ride when our two favourite characters declared their love for each other. Alec who had mixed emotions about his relationship with Magnus earlier in the series, went through strong emotions when he didn't know whether Magnus was alive or dead because many of the Downworlders died when the antagonist in the show was determined to rid of them using the mortal sword. Well Magnus is a downworlder as he's a warlock and if he had not gotten out of the Institute to save the little warlock who was being used for her abilities, he would be a gone case too. 

But coming back to earth (well technically, I'm still floating), I actually predicted from the promo video that Alec would say I love you. Why? Ok, coz from the last episode, he knew of the impending war against the Downworlders and I guessed he declared his love before going on this mission. However, it happened after the mission when he thought Magnus had perished with the rest of the fallen downworlders. Close enough.

Again, the writers did not seek to follow the books to a T and added their own spin, and er..relationships, but the main gist of it is there. I think that it's fine..I mean it would be boring if they had followed so closely (as long as the Malec part is in there..*cough*) and while I think this season finale is a bit of a bore, like I know Valentine is evil and all but he was so easily defeated by Jace. Then again, he's not going to be the real villain for the next season. His son will be. He is the unidentified man in hood who stole the mortal sword in the closing scene. 

This is not a spoiler because the book fans already knew about his arrival. He would be more evil than Valentine because he is the result of being injected with demon blood even though he is trained as a shadow hunter.

While I think the writers are milking us Malec fans, for rating boost I think (?) I still like the book Malec and the TV Malec. 

But here I want to talk about the close hug that they shared, especially in the eyes of Alec, who never felt this assured before of the love between them. The hug which almost made me teared like the assurance that this....this is the one you truly loved..the one for you...and the one that you are terrified to lose.

That all the mixed emotions you went through and the questioning part where you don't know if he or she is truly the one for you, especially when both of you are totally different and there are those who frown upon your relationship like there's no way the two of you can make it through.

But in the end, you choose who your heart wants to love and who you want to be with. It's those deep feelings you share with each other that other people may not quite understand. To know they have no right to impose on you, who you should love and should not love.

I know I'm reading too much into this. In the end, it' just a fantasy show..lol. The books gives a more in-depth look into their relationship, their ups and downs, but they are now in a fully committed relationship, with two adopted kids. 

Can I also have an Alec in my life? I am not a fan of hugging but after seeing that scene and replaying it like crazy, I also want to hug like that..haha.

follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...