Welcoming in 2016..with Adam Lambert!

First post of the year, yay! I know it's very belated but I've been busy. However, you can have an assurance you will hear from me frequently from now on. 

We had a blast on the eve of New Year right to the point of welcoming in 2016 because we went to a Countdown! Yes there we were at the Countdown at 8 plus right after 12.30am in the morning and it was such a great welcome as we ushered in with about 10 minutes full display of the fireworks. 

Absolutely gorgeous. There were a number of paid events that we went to and this was one of them. My brother started working part-time last year and hence, he could afford to pay for them himself. And he also kinda 'forced' me to pay my own share for the sake of experience. So I have watched F1 Night Race followed by a two hour performance of Pharell Williams, the monumental Taylor Swift concert and now the Countdown. We may not get the best seat or the best performance but to be able to afford the most basic ticket price and yet, not feel fully left out when we attend the events as we still get a good view, they were definitely experiences worth remembering for the rest of our lives.

Oh yes, we decided to go to the Countdown because Adam Lambert was performing!!! Yay!! I admit that when we came to the show, it was quite a snoozefest especially when they interviewd this local Indie artiste and I didn't understand why on earth it took at least 6 minutes.She is a talented singer and songwriter but yah, kinda boring, oops.

The best part of the event? When people were starting to leave after the end of the freworks display, because of the bottleneck at all the exits, they announced that Adam Lambert was going to perform for another half an hour.

OMG!! I'm glad we stayed!

He was SO handsome, SO talented and SO funny. His performance was riveting from start to finish. Towards the end of the half hour special performance, he introduced his band mates and he made a joke about weather then. It had been raining for the last few days, including that night itself, where people were intermittently taking out their umbrellas to protect them from the rain. He was saying that Singapore is a clean city because every day it's showering. And he changed up the lyrics to his song If I Had You...to If I had..Soap.

Hah, so funny!!

What a true artist, where I watched his humble beginnings at American Idol and was a fan of his from start to finish and he displayed great showmanship through and through.

Hope you had a good start to the year and to other people, it's just another brand new day but whether it's the near year or a new day, always strive to make it the best the damn day each and every day. To a better health, better finances, better every thing. It's simply a matter of how much we want it and asking ourselves how do we get from this point to that point instead of always telling ourselves that there's NO WAY we can do it. Even if you can't fully get there, at most you know that you have done your best instead of not taking action at all.

My wish this year is that I want to continue to do well financially and save even more than last year. I managed to save more than $2K after a total tally with my bonuses and the last maintenance allowance which was a surprise because I totally forgot that we would get some amount, if not the full amount. I am going to protect the savings and continue to save up even more this year starting from  my monthly salary. I've also started to track my income and expenses so that I know what goes in and out daily and where my money mostly go to so I can take control of my finances.

Other than that, I have also started tracking my sales and expenditure in running my online shop rather than just be a deer in the headlight.

Sadly, I'm two months away from ending my 2 and a half year course at Nanyang Poly and after which, I would hopefully graduate with a Diploma in my hands. And a $1K cash reward, heh.

It has been a roller coaster ride and now it's the most critical point as we are back to back with tests and projects, after which is the final exams. I don't know what comes after this but I do want to continue my education somewhere in the future.

I guess that leaves me open to learn driving this year after graduation..*gulps*

Enjoy the pictures below!









follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts