Skip to main content

Lose to Win

I dont know what goes into food nowadays that even if I dont find myself gorging on food, and prefer having simple meals like wholemeal bread, wholemeal biscuits and cereal drinks for lunch, I still gain weight. Naturally, after fasting for almost a month in August and September, there will be a slight weight gain as the body starts to consume food on a regular basis rather than only in the late evening. What annoys me is that, it sorta takes away my effort to try to at least losea kilo or two. Now Im stuck with the 2kgs of weight gain which seem to creep its way on my tummy and slightly round the waistline especially when my job requires me to sit down most of the time.

Aah well..no point being upset about it. It's never too late to start doing something about it and sticking with it. It doesn't matter if I have to suffer a bit of pain for it since Im pretty much used to trying not to eat a lot of bad things because it only means I have to work even harder..haha. The only exercise I can afford on weekdays is to walk about fifteen minutes to the bus stop near the serangoon mrt which requires me to slightly walk up the hill at one point of the journey there. After work, I suppose everyone just want to go back early and rest so they would rather go up the crowded bus and reach home on time. Frankly speaking, the nearest MRT is just 5 minutes away and will take me to the Serangoon Mrt in a matter of minutes. But I always see walking as a quick wind down after work especially when I said earlier my job does not require me to walk much unlike my previous job where I practically traveled every day.

We all need some form of motivation and I have a friend whose motivation is to fit into a LBD come her birthday in Feb next year. The thing is, according to her facebook status update, she has lost 40kg so far. That is so significant! But she has always been a very focused girl. Whenever she sets her mind to something, she works hard to get there. Why dont we have that kind of attitude? It will make our life more meaningful because once we get what we have strive to achieve, victory will be so sweet.

She is like me...battling weight issue a majority part of our lives. Well, I would say she has more of an issue than me because she had battled obesity and won but later started piling up more and more when she got into a relationship because it wasn't a smooth sailing one so she turned to food for comfort. Her weight gain stayed with her through the years which reflected her unhappiness in her relationship. Now that she is single again after going through a painful divorce, she is on the road to recovery, and has decided to change her life including how she looks such as going for a makeover and losing weight. Previously, her ex husband did not want her to look attractive out of jealousy for other guys who would look her way. I think that's bull. People say that if a guy is jealous, it simply means he loves you more but this isn't the way. You cannot play on a person's psychology for your own selfishness. You're just victimizing the person because it's emotional blackmail.

As for me, Im not making fitting into an LBD as motivation. Hell, Im just happy to wear anything as long as I dont feel like Im carrying extra 'baggage', if you know what I mean. Currently, it does feel that way so...what to do...have to do something about it. No point just whining over it. Okay, I strive to at least lose 2kg by the end of November but if I can lose at least 1.5kg right before I go for the K.L. trip, I'd be glad man. Over there, we will be eating quite a lot so have to 'prep' for it. I know, some kind of motivation, huh? Only people with a twisted mind like me will adopt such form of motivation. But seriously, if it works, it works..haha.

Currently, on the TV, there is a new reality programme made locally to motivate people to adopt a healthier lifestyle by training participants with BMI over 25 to lose weight. It's not just a matter of losing weight in fact but a matter of changing their current lifestyle to a healthier one and we follow the transformations of these contestants. The programme was done by Health Promotion Board which was my previous company and I knew some of the contestants there because they had also recruited their own employees as well.

I used to remember going to the gym there twice a week by staying back after work and it was always the same group of people who looked like they were just there to maintain their current weight and not to lose anymore. At first I felt like I was sticking out like sore thumb but after I saw my weight dropping, I could not really care less how fit they were compared to me. Of course they were also the obsessive ones who were already stick thin but they worked out with so much aggression. I think that is a bit too much because sometimes, it's just their own insecurity or pressure to look good.

Anyway, to these contestants on the programme who are working hard to lose weight, despite quite a few of them looking like they had not worked out for years, a thumbs up to you people for wanting to change your lifestyle. Remember, work hard first and you can reap the fruits of your labour soon.

Speaking of which, gosh early morning I have to wake up and go to the gym after a long absence coz of fasting month and other plans after that. I hope I dont faint on the treadmill.

We shall all win this battle of the bulge, people!

post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...